Can GSD's Bond with Two People in the Home? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
I'm sure this is an old wives' tale, but, IMHO...it's the male/female thing.
I know it's not universally true, but that's been our experience too. All our females have been Daddy's girls, and Keefer, who is my first male dog, lives and breathes for me.
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy's Mom View Post
I know it's not universally true, but that's been our experience too. All our females have been Daddy's girls, and Keefer, who is my first male dog, lives and breathes for me.
I've only every had male dogs up until I met my Hubby, but they always seemed to react better to my mother and I. Once Finn came along, you could see the dramatic difference in how Finn acted around me versus how Cheyenne reacted around me; Finn lives and breathes for me while I was nothing more than a giver of food for Chey.

Finnian The Irish Lad WGSD: SAR
Abeni the Little Warrior: Pomeranian rescue.

"Res nos operor ut alius algo"
"Go mairidís beo"
Shaolin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Great answers, I love reading how differently the dogs bond with their humans, I'm so glad I asked this question.

Thanks for sharing everyone!
Linda1270 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

Stella is definitely more bonded to me. But she has bonds with others in my family too. She especially seems to like my 9 yr old grand daughter. And she loves my younger son, who was her original owner, even though she hardly ever sees him! I think she knows who is in her family, both immediate and extended. But I am her favorite as well I should be! I feed, walk, train, brush, play, sleep etc with her all day long!

Stella-GSD 6/17/11
Ruben-Newfie/? mix 7/2003
katdog5911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

My dog is very bonded to me, my son and my son's girlfriend. I take care of him and do all of his training, but he still thinks my son hung the moon. If we both come in the house at the same time he will run right to my son. But my son is the one that stayed home and took care of him when he was a new puppy.
LaneyB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

I think Sib is bonded to both my dad and myself...My dad because she gets away with murder and he is with her all day while I work..Myself, because I am her person...i think she loves us both..but is more attached to me because I do more with her..and I saved her from a horrible life..either way..she loves us both..and is loyal to us both..but I am her person...
Old 03-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #17 (permalink)

Default Can GSD's Bond with Two People in the Home?

My dog zoey is bonded to me and my mom equally, because we are the only two that walk her and give her attention. Our neighbor David comes over a few times a week to hang out with my brother, and when she sees him, she looks like she would tear through a mine field to greet him. She absolutely loves him, and is much more excited when w
He walks in the door than me and my mom. I think it's because she doesn't see him as often, and when she does he spoils her rotten. I totally understand where you're coming from

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sophiamve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 03:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
Elite Member

I think the male/female thing plays into it. Berlin (my male) only has eyes for me. Granted, I am the one who has raised him from 9 weeks old, but he just adores me. He is my shadow, I cannot go anywhere without him being right next to me. (Not that I mind). He is the first male I have owned, growing up we always had females. I feel like my bond with him is more intense than the bond I have with my 15 year old female, who ive taken care of for the past 6 or so years. She adores my father.

Rogue "Tesla" von Huerta Hof
gsdlover91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 03:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Re: Can GSD's Bond with Two People in the Home?

Bella prefers me over my husband she's always with me and I love that. I think she's more bonded to me b/c I'm the one who cares for her. Plus being a stay at home wife and mother she's with me all day long. She doesn't really care for the hubby LOL... I think if he did more with her she would take to both of us the same..

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Cats zorro & Patches
BellaLuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 04:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
Master Member

Default Re: Can GSD's Bond with Two People in the Home?

Eko is bonded to me the strongest, because I feed him and do all of his training and we hang out all by ourselves every day when I get home at 7am. Then my boyfriend, then our two roommates. Our roommates are like his big brothers that can be much more fun then mom when she tells him to do something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.