German Shepherds Forum banner

Redirection and reading puppy behaviour

670 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MaggieRoseLee 
#1 ·
Hi all. So i've been redirecting for around 3 weeks now, but the amount of mouthing and nipping hasn't decreased. I was wondering is the amount of mouthing and nipping meant to decrease suddenly or gradually, also around what age will it usually stop or start to decrease?

Over the past few days my pup has started to stare and bark at certain objects in the house, such as the dishwasher and the cupboard. Is this something I should look into further? She also barked at me this morning right after she got out of her crate. I'm fairly sure she just wanted to play, but what should I do to discourage barking when she wants to play?

Cheers everyone!

#2 ·
We need to redirect and have appropriate tug toys all over the house.

PLUS...........

we also need to be packing the pup into the car and exercise the heck/socialize/and work with both the general mental and physical wearing out of our puppy.

Easy way to help with all is to sign up and attend the weekly puppy classes. If we can learn and add clicker training and tricks things go even better.

So it's not just as easy as only redirecting but instead that is just a small part of all the HUGE things we have to do every day to wear out our pups, teach our pups, and end up with the perfect dog (some day :) )

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.