Bathroom rugs! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 02:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bathroom rugs!

Does anyone else have a problem keeping their bathroom rug straightened? Or even in the right place for that matter? Stark HAS to zoom into the bathroom or bring his ball in there or just go in to check out the tub or accompany me and he ALWAYS messes up my bathroom rugs. I straighten them out and one minute later they are strewn about again. Im actually not really complaining, I just noticed tonight more because I cleaned the bathroom really well and it looks cleaner when everything is in its place. And, he just zooms around the house sliding around the bathroom on the rugs. lol. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem with rugs on slippery surfaces with their dogs? I think I'm just going to have to give up thinking I can ever keep my rugs where they belong. Oh well
Cstout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

YES YES YES YES...it is crazy. Mine isn't the bathroom, its in the dining area. I got the area rug so that the dog wouldn't slip on the hardwood floors, but now she moves the carpet They have a sticky underlayment you can get at home depot to keep the rug in place, I just don't know if it will hurt the hardwood floors or leave discoloration. But you might be able to use it in the bathroom.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yes! The bathroom rugs, our welcome mat, and the small rug in front of the kitchen sink were all over the place until! I bought some corking from Home Depot and made lines on the back of them let it dry now they have some grip and they don't move as much could try that?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 11-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Oh I would also make sure it's completely dry and test a small area first before leaving them in place permantly

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 11-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

lol yes! Porter loves that bathroom rug... we are working on remember to keep it closed and we are getting better but its like he has "bathroom door open" radar and darts straight for that rug if the door is open and then he runs behind the couch with it so we cant get it back.
ColleenAli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

My kitchen rubber backed mats migrate throughout the room. I put a no slip padding under them but Foxy manages to move them all over the place. I tried the strips of caulking but they stuck to the flooring and it took some work to get the goo off without damaging the floor. Good luck
Marnie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Oh your rugs do that too? I thought mine were the only "roaming rugs" on the face to the planet. LOL
Nikitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 12:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

My pet loves playing on the rug. He feels very much comfortable as the rugs are soft and smooth. We too had same problem and we then placed the rug pad within the jute rugs and now snowy cannot move the rug from its place.
jasonwaugh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Well, I found a bathroom rug OUT IN THE BACK YARD once -- a certain mischief-maker took it through the dog door. I think he might have been building himself a nice, comfie bed to lie on to sun himself outside.

For the sliding, there are rolls of rubberized rug padding that they sell at Home Depot or Lowes that help--cut it into strips, then put the rug on top of it, and the sliding will stop. I don't think it's meant to be used it on high-gloss hardwoods though (the rubber might leave a mark).
Magwart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

lol our welcome mat was in his crate when I came home from work yesterday! We have anti slide things under them so he doesn't slide on them at all (but ours are on tile not hardwood so I dunno if it would damage it, I doubt it tho) The only issue is if he does move the rug, those sticky rubber things are HISTORY!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.