4 months reverting help! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 4 months reverting help!

So gunner is 4 months old now and hasn't had an accident in the house in about 3 weeks. I understand with potty training that there will be occasional accidents and that's perfectly normal. But for the last 3 days while in the house he is acting really nervous around me and will pee just a little bit. Even when we are training in the house like sit and stay once I go to reward him he will pee. Also he will NOT come when I call him to get out of his crate only at the front door from a stay will he come in the house. Then he will usually dart right into his crate. When outside is follows all commands and will not pee at all (unless he is relieving himself) I guess I really would like to know how I should react when he pees inside from being nervous because the last thing I wanna do is give a stern NO and make him pee more. He seems to be going backwards in his progress that he was making so well over the past 2 months. Any info or advise will help thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Guns12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

And I know that he is very young and I shouldn't be expecting something unrealistic from him, but like I said for the last 3 weeks he has been doing so well.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Anyone else have this kind of problem?

Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It sounds like you have a submissive peer on your hands. This has nothing to do with potty training and he can't help it. It's a fear thing and it's something in the dog. All you can do is try to manage this by not looking him in the eyes, letting him come to you for petting and not looking at him when you do, don't grab him by the collar, and learn his other triggers so you can either avoid them or do them outside where it doesn't matter. There's still a chance that he might grow out of this, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Do a search here for submissive peeing and you will find a lot of threads on it.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you I will look into it more on here it seems like a common thing the more I read about it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.