raw and kibble food - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

raw and kibble food

Hi
I am getting my new 8 week German Shepard puppy in 2 weeks and I wanted to do a half kibble half raw food diet. Could I give her kibble for breakfast and lunch and raw for dinner? I just want to know what is the best way of feeding her both diets to minimize any gastr-intestinal issues.

Thank You

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2016, 01:06 PM

I would suggest doing "days" if you want to do half/half. So on Monday give her a kibble food and on Tuesday give her a raw diet. But each dog will be different and their insides will handle everything different. Bruce as a puppy had intestines of steel, he could eat anything and be fine. But some other dogs are sensitive, so you just have to adjust accordingly. Watch poops carefully.

Remember to start out with whatever food the breeder gave them for a few weeks. Their body will be under stress from being taken from the litter and from being put in a new environment, so I would strongly suggest giving them just breeder kibble for two weeks. Then starting with raw once a week, twice a week, three times a week, and slowly move up to the ratio you'd like to maintain.

Would also suggest a commercial raw while they are a puppy.

~Deanna
Bruce - Born Nov. 9th 2015, Pick up Jan. 6th 2016
At the Bridge:
Max - With us August 24th 2015 - December 16th 2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page