Feeding egg shell, yes or no - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Crowned Member

I remember always hearing becareful for egg shells but now I hear they are very healthy to give to dogs. I did hear that unless you can get eggs fresh from a chicken not to feed the egg shell. As store bought eggs use chemicals to get disinfect and clean the shell of the egg whether organic or not. So I don't feed max the egg shell just the egg. Has anyone heard of this? I wonder if chemicals can leak through the shell. If so yikes - we are all eating these eggs or are the better if cooked? Our neighbors used to have chickens and fresh eggs used to taste so much different then store bought eggs. It may be a great reason to have some real chickens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Crowned Member

I'm sure whatever the U.S. uses to clean the eggs is IN the eggs. Cleaning the shells makes them porous thus the reason we have to refrigerate our eggs.

Farm raised eggs taste different because of what they eat. They forage, eat worms, grass, etc. Store eggs come from commerical farms where they are fed crap grain and corn. Same difference from grass fed beef from a butcher to beef bought at your local grocery store.
Mudypoz likes this.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 12:18 PM
Crowned Member

These store bought eggs can't be very healthy even if organic. If they are using chlorine to clean them.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Crowned Member

I have always bought cage free organic eggs thinking they were best for my family. Recently I heard about the egg shell cleaning. If this stuff is leaking into the eggs it can't be good. Maybe I will get real chickens. It is interesting how Europe does not clean their eggs and do not need to be refrigerated.
http://www.healthextremist.com/are-y...althiest-eggs/
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ery-store.aspx

Last edited by Jenny720; 06-10-2016 at 12:36 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 12:36 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
I have always bought cage free organic eggs thinking they were best for my family. Recently I heard about the egg shell cleaning. If this stuff is leaking into the eggs it can't be good. Maybe I will get real chickens. It is interesting how Europe does not clean their eggs and do not need to be refrigerated.
they don't have to be refrigerated if they aren't cleaned. Eggs have a waxy coating that seals them. They can last weeks without refrigeration. Think about how long it takes for an egg to incubate

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
they don't have to be refrigerated if they aren't cleaned. Eggs have a waxy coating that seals them. They can last weeks without refrigeration. Think about how long it takes for an egg to incubate
I just find it interesting that Europe does not clean their eggs and refrigerate them but USA infuses them with chemicals to refrigerate as with most of the food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page