Raw diet journey - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Crowned Member

Below are Human Ingredient Products that I use:
Sunday Sundae (Digestive Enzyme & Pro-Biotic Combo): Sunday-Sundae-12oz
Gut Sense (ProBiotic): http://dr-dobias-natural-healing-usa...ducts/gutsense
Digest All Plus: (Digestive Enzyme/ProBiotic combo) Wholistic Digest All Plus? - Digestive Support - Canine

Not Human grade, but a nice product, and I rotate it in.
RX Biotics: https://www.amazon.com/Rx-Vitamins-F...=1&*entries*=0

Moms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2GSDs View Post
Below are Human Ingredient Products that I use:
Sunday Sundae (Digestive Enzyme & Pro-Biotic Combo): Sunday-Sundae-12oz
Gut Sense (ProBiotic): http://dr-dobias-natural-healing-usa...ducts/gutsense
Digest All Plus: (Digestive Enzyme/ProBiotic combo) Wholistic Digest All Plus? - Digestive Support - Canine

Not Human grade, but a nice product, and I rotate it in.
RX Biotics: https://www.amazon.com/Rx-Vitamins-F...=1&*entries*=0

Moms
That's what I was looking for!!! The feed-essentials! But couldn't find it, and when you added it to the link, I saw.. SHipping to the US is stopped right now! I will have to check back.
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburitica181 View Post
That's what I was looking for!!! The feed-essentials! But couldn't find it, and when you added it to the link, I saw.. SHipping to the US is stopped right now! I will have to check back.
I use ALL of the Feed Sentials products for my guys. Fantastic products!

I do rotate other items in occasionally, just for a switch in the ingredient lists.

Never had a problem having shipment from Canada! Wonder what's up?

Moms

post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2GSDs View Post
I use ALL of the Feed Sentials products for my guys. Fantastic products!

I do rotate other items in occasionally, just for a switch in the ingredient lists.

Never had a problem having shipment from Canada! Wonder what's up?

Moms
It says Canadian Postal striKe!
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 07:25 PM

Your dogs are looking great! I've been raw feeding for ~2 1/2 years and I still weigh some stuff, especially any cuts I'm not as familiar with - that can make it harder to "eyeball." Don't feel bad about wanting to keep it more precise as a newbie. That being said, always do a hands-on weight check, when the dogs are hairy any of that fluff can be very misleading!

I'm currently using 3 supplements daily, Springtime's Bug-off Garlic Granules, Nupro Silver (mainly to have something tasty to "disguise" the garlic), and a probiotic. The probiotic I use is the Wholistic Digest-All Plus (at Moms' suggestion - she is a wealth of fantastic info!!). I've only been using it for about 1-2 months, and it's already made a difference. Green tripe can also be fed as a probiotic, but is a little different than adding something powdered or a tablet each day (which is why I went with a powdered probiotic for daily use, and we feed GT when we have it.)

I prefer to feed oily fish when I can and not have to rely on giving fish oil separately. If you do feed fish oil, do some research about dosing by weight and how much Vitamin E you will have to add to keep everything running on an even keel.

- Kayla

Dutchess Lena of Black Lake RATI (Keeshond, 10 yrs)

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
― Dean Koontz
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 12:52 PM

I use Berte's products from B-naturals.
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudypoz View Post
I stopped weighing the food a long time ago, now I just go by body condition. If I see too many ribs, I add a little bit more food to each meal, and if I don't see any ribs I take a little bit out. I don't like to feed frozen food, but that's probably more because I wouldn't like it myself, lol. A lot of people do it to slow their dogs down a bit, but I always thaw it out first.

The crunching of the bones used to make me super nervous, but it doesn't bother me at all anymore. Turkey bones do make me a bit nervous because they're SO hard and sharp, but that's just me.

Your dog looks great in the pictures!

I do the same thing because in summer months my dogs are more active and need more food. I look at ribs and hips.

Moriah
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesonoxian View Post
Your dogs are looking great! I've been raw feeding for ~2 1/2 years and I still weigh some stuff, especially any cuts I'm not as familiar with - that can make it harder to "eyeball." Don't feel bad about wanting to keep it more precise as a newbie. That being said, always do a hands-on weight check, when the dogs are hairy any of that fluff can be very misleading!

I'm currently using 3 supplements daily, Springtime's Bug-off Garlic Granules, Nupro Silver (mainly to have something tasty to "disguise" the garlic), and a probiotic. The probiotic I use is the Wholistic Digest-All Plus (at Moms' suggestion - she is a wealth of fantastic info!!). I've only been using it for about 1-2 months, and it's already made a difference. Green tripe can also be fed as a probiotic, but is a little different than adding something powdered or a tablet each day (which is why I went with a powdered probiotic for daily use, and we feed GT when we have it.)

I prefer to feed oily fish when I can and not have to rely on giving fish oil separately. If you do feed fish oil, do some research about dosing by weight and how much Vitamin E you will have to add to keep everything running on an even keel.

This is great information! Unfortunately many of the place that I have checked around here do not have green tripe. I still am doing research on the different supplements. Since the whole Canada strike thing.

I'm going to have to weigh the food longer until I start to get a good at knowing what are the proper portions. certain things I'm pretty good about! But not so much!
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

We have discovered that Ellie does not like fish but Lincoln loves it. Im not sure what fish to feed them. We gave them tilapia (Ellie ate slowly) and some other fish that I cant remember which she did not want anything to do with. We have gone between Pork and chicken frequently. We also have given ground beef as well as turkey. Pork and chicken are the easiest and cheapest, beef I get on sale and turkey the same. They love rabbit. Lamb is a once and a while unfortunately as well as any sort of heart. Organs we have given include brain, liver and testicles. I cant seem to find much else. We have a whole thing of unused chitterlings not sure what to do with those. We also give egg two or even maybe three times a week. Also give a scoop of yogurt sometimes and we give coconut oil and salmon oil.

Am I missing anything?

Last edited by mburitica181; 07-26-2016 at 05:43 PM.
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 06:58 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburitica181 View Post
We have discovered that Ellie does not like fish but Lincoln loves it. Im not sure what fish to feed them. We gave them tilapia (Ellie ate slowly) and some other fish that I cant remember which she did not want anything to do with. We have gone between Pork and chicken frequently. We also have given ground beef as well as turkey. Pork and chicken are the easiest and cheapest, beef I get on sale and turkey the same. They love rabbit. Lamb is a once and a while unfortunately as well as any sort of heart. Organs we have given include brain, liver and testicles. I cant seem to find much else. We have a whole thing of unused chitterlings not sure what to do with those. We also give egg two or even maybe three times a week. Also give a scoop of yogurt sometimes and we give coconut oil and salmon oil.

Am I missing anything?
Kidneys can be easy to get. For fish I feed herring and sardines, sometimes trout, but herring is the winner here for most of them. My senior will not eat fish, just yesterday I chopped it up to fool her, that didn't work. She took every piece out and put it on the floor.

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page