Puppy starting to eat good! - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By carlock

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Puppy starting to eat good!

Rex is 7 weeks old and I've had him a week. He has not eaten well since bringing home. Before getting him I had decided to go with a raw diet but still needed to do some research so rather than just jumping into it, I got some kibble and attempt to feed him that. He wouldn't have much to do with. So Tuesday night, I was preparing chicken for the rest of us and gave him some raw breast along with some kibble soaked in warm water. He devoured the chicken and left the kibble. Would not eat anything during the next two feedings but last night I gave him some raw hamburger meet and some sardines in water. Devoured them. And last night, I cut up a leg quarter and threw in a chicken liver and he dove right in. Best he's eaten yet! I'm got to add to his diet so it's well balanced but I'm very happy he's starting eating well. He's pretty skinny and frankly I was getting worried. He drinks good, plays hard and is pretty active. May just have a picky eater on my hands.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4182.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	365057  
MMcCoy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 02:50 PM

Mine was/is still a picky eater. I added boiled chicken to the kibble to get her to eat for the first couple of weeks. Now we are eating Victor active puppy kibble and she loves it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Crowned Member

Glad to hear he L O V E's raw and is eating well now!

But until you REALLY research exactly how to do a raw diet, PLEASE purchase a raw BALANCED commercially prepared diet for a time.

Make SURE a label says BALANCED DIET FOR ALL LIFE STAGES as there are many out there!

Bravo: Discover Balance Raw Diet | Beef Frozen Raw Dog Food Diet - Bravo Pet Food Find a store: Find a Bravo Retailer - Bravo Pet Food
Northwest Naturals: Beef Find a store: Store Locator
Primal: Complete Raw Diets for Pets: Canine Beef Formula Find a store: Primal Pet Foods: Store Locator
Feeding calculator: Feeding Calculator

This little guy was separated from his mama too soon and needs the correct nutrition.

Good Luck!
Moms

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 01:42 AM

We have been doing the raw diet since Shadow came home two weeks ago and it's been a hit. We've been studying and reading wherever we can (we are converting our rescue dog's food to raw as well). Shadow devours his food within minutes!

Pepper - Rescue Dog (Newfoundland/Lab Mix)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow - Black GSD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Taz - One grouchy tuxedo cat!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page