German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Preparing to Say Good Bye (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/preparing-say-good-bye/)
-   -   Tomorrow (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/preparing-say-good-bye/409306-tomorrow.html)

LoveDogs 02-10-2014 12:42 PM

Tomorrow

Tomorrow I put my dog to sleep. My husband and I decided that it is the day. I keep thinking there just might be something more I can do. He paces all night panting, can't seem to get comfortable, when I take him to do his business outside he can only sand a few minutes and he falls down. The winter took a toll on him. We have stairs that lead to every entrance to the house and when he attempts to come back inside he is unable to do so. I end up having to help him up the stairs but if I touch his bottom he's in obvious pain. The thing is, when he finally warms up in the house he will grab his favorite toy and squeak it a few times and will put it on my lap so he still has the desire to play but it never lasts long. His bone is fractured from an accident when he was a little guy. This is just breaking my heart.

Shade 02-10-2014 12:59 PM

I am very sorry :( I know the pain and it's absolutely heartbreaking, but it truly is the kindest thing to keep them from suffering. At least you have one last day to enjoy everything to the fullest with him. I wish you peace and strength for both today and tomorrow :hugs:

Mister C 02-10-2014 01:15 PM

Hello LoveDogs,

This is such a difficult time and a really hard decision to make. They give us everything they have and ask for so little in return. I hope that you take some comfort in doing that one last favor for your friend. Be strong and show him there is nothing to fear from crossing the bridge. Then have a good cry and keep the memories strong. As long as you keep a special place in your heart for him he will never be truly gone.

Sincerely,

Michael

Brando & Julietta's Dad 02-10-2014 01:48 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your poor guy's suffering. Its very difficult to let go and deciding the right time. It sounds like that time is here. I think the only thing you can do is give him as much love and comfort as possible. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

TommyB681 02-11-2014 06:11 AM

You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers during this tough time

DWP 02-11-2014 07:42 AM

So Sorry

Peace be with you

shepherdmom 02-11-2014 08:30 AM

I am so sorry! :(

Bridget 02-11-2014 09:29 AM

I am thinking of you today. Certainly sounds like you are doing the right thing. I feel for you.

Mister C 02-11-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridget (Post 5003402)
I am thinking of you today. Certainly sounds like you are doing the right thing. I feel for you.

Same here. A very tough day for sure but you are not alone.

Loneforce 02-11-2014 12:03 PM

I am sorry for your loss :(