Heartbroken...don't know if I can do this again - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

i think what magwart said was beautiful. im from the mind set that no house is really a home without a fourlegged fur baby. You are going through a lot of loss right now, so when the time is right, you will bring that fur baby in your house, and make it feel like home again. BIG HUGS to you, hang in there, lori.
lorihd@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I felt that way after losing a special cat at a young age last year.

The truth is, not having another animal made me miss him all the more. My place felt so empty.

What about fostering? That might be a good solution until you can figure out what you want to do. It would be hard to let them go as they were adopted out, but bittersweet, because you know they are going to a good loving home, and you'd be keeping an animal out of a shelter.

((hugs))

ETA: I know you may not be ready for another dog right now, but I hope you will keep your heart open for when your next angel is looking for you. Sometimes they find you, when you least expect it. <3

Last edited by blackshep; 09-26-2012 at 12:52 PM.
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #23 (permalink)

I feel what you are going thru. I lost Raven last October due to congestive heart failure, after a battle with adisons disease. I find solace, knowing she had a great home and her entire family she grew old with, was with her at the end. It's been a year and I still think each day when I get home from work ( if only for a split second) that she is still there waiting. It use to really hurt, but now I enjoy that feeling and hope it never goes away completely. I've waited to get another for many reasons. Our pets really do find a place in our hearts and as a pervious post said so well, they do add so much to our lives on the plus side.
PhatHawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

I understand entirely where you are coming from.

When Miki was diagnosed with diskospondilytis it was devastating. She was a very difficult puppy but at nearly 4 had mellowed alot and was a joy to have around.

She did not respond to treatment, the meds made her so sick the vet took her off them. Within a week she had gone so far downhill I knew what the end would be. So many tears and so much pain, I still cry for her. I felt like I was being ripped in two and the thought of going through that again was just too much. I have not had to have another pet euthanised and I felt like a murderer. Still do. She would have been 4 on Father's Day.

I'd see shepherds around though and just want to wrap my arms around them. I now have Jenna who is 10 weeks old today. She has brought back the joy and the laughter to our home. The pain for Miki will always be there but I would live that time with her over again even knowing the outcome. She gave us so much love and we made her life happy by giving her love in return.
Jenna&Me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.