Do you dream about your dogs at the rainbow bridge? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master Member

another thing that happened was that nite after cody passed, we had gone to bed and hooch started barking in the living room, i went out there and he was up in the chair by the back window looking out and barking. made me wonder if cody was out there.
readaboutdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I too wish I could have a dream about Daisy,our GSD girl.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #23 (permalink)

I dream of my cat, who left on October 10th last year. In most dreams, I realize that she is dead... The first time, I was like "how can this be", but in all dreams after that I knew she was dead and coming to visit. It was all very lucid. In one of the last dreams she was in, months and months ago, she came up on my bed with a young kitten. I take it as her way of saying she'll be back someday.

And I do believe they come back, or at least can. Maybe some of them wait, maybe some are too impatient. But it's some sort of comfort.
blackmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #24 (permalink)

We had to put our 12 year old Siberian Husky down 2 1/2 years ago. I wish I did dream about him because I miss him so much and still love him just as much as I did the day he left us. One memory that will never leave me is of a beautiful rainbow I saw the very next day while taking our GSD out for her walk. I took a picture of it and showed it to my husband who said that was our boy letting us know he's okay. I'm crying right now just typing this!
Ali B. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muneraven View Post
I don't dream about my pets who are gone...I do something that is probably very silly, though. When I am looking for a new pet I always ask my beloved pets who have gone on to help me make a wise choice for both myself and the new pet. Because, really, who knows me better in terms of pets than my former dogs and cats? I especially ask my old cat Boo, who lived with me for 17 years and was terribly fond of, well, just about everyone, be they human, canine, or feline. Anyway, even if it is silly, I think it doesn't hurt anything and it is respectful of the relationship I had with pets who can't be with me anymore right now.
i do the same thing! i asked rocky, our gsd who passed in may, to help find our next dog. we have been patiently looking for a few months & today found one that we love. rocky is looking out for us. a few days after he died, my son, who rocky was attached to, was playing outside in the front yard when he saw rocky's reflection in the front door where he always was when my son played outside. about the same time, my daughter and i were sitting in the tv room and his ball that was sitting on the floor in the kitchen came flying at us out of nowhere! it was definately pushed - it flew at us & we both saw it. a minute later my son came running in from outside and said he saw rocky watching him from the front door.
LoveSea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.