Do you dream about your dogs at the rainbow bridge? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

When we had to put down our gsd Omy, I would hear her at night walking in the leaves next to our bedroom. She loved to sleep outside on nice nights and our bedroom wall in entirely glass with a screen slider so I could hear her curl up in a bed of leaves right outside. The sound woke me up even after she was gone. At first I had many dreams about her being alive and I would see her in an odd place and she would run to me and I would tell her that I thought she was dead but no, she was alive, just somewhere else. Now when I see her in the occasional dream she's happily playing with other dogs that I don't recognize. I still miss her desperately even though I adore Stosh
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Whenever I dream about any of my deceased pets, it always starts off as something awful and then the dream straightens itself out to where they are happy.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

How I wish I could. I miss my 'heart' dog (gone now over 4 years) SO much. I keep hoping he'll come back and check in and tell me he is OK somehow. Love you, Ti dog.
Muskeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 12:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

I don't dream about my pets who are gone...I do something that is probably very silly, though. When I am looking for a new pet I always ask my beloved pets who have gone on to help me make a wise choice for both myself and the new pet. Because, really, who knows me better in terms of pets than my former dogs and cats? I especially ask my old cat Boo, who lived with me for 17 years and was terribly fond of, well, just about everyone, be they human, canine, or feline. Anyway, even if it is silly, I think it doesn't hurt anything and it is respectful of the relationship I had with pets who can't be with me anymore right now.
Muneraven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muneraven View Post
When I am looking for a new pet I always ask my beloved pets who have gone on to help me make a wise choice for both myself and the new pet. Anyway, even if it is silly, I think it doesn't hurt anything and it is respectful of the relationship I had with pets who can't be with me anymore right now.
I do that too for the same reasons.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Master Member

I wondered if anyone had dreams too. I have had a few. The day he died. He came and laid across me to say goodbye. Then we played ball. He came to check in on me. I still hope he'll come and visit my dreams. I haven't had one in awhile.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Elite Member

I just lost my baby girl on Tuesday. She has visited me in my dreams almost every night since. The first night, she was laying in her usual spot on my bed, on her blanket...It was so real. I woke up in the middle of the night and even heard her heavy breathing that she used to do.

A couple times, I have dreamt of her sleeping in her spot, and me glancing over my shoulder as I always did periodically throughout the night, she was laying there..

Oh I miss her so so much...I really hope she is here with me, watching over me

Last edited by gsdlover91; 09-22-2012 at 08:11 PM.
gsdlover91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdlover91 View Post
I just lost my baby girl on Tuesday. She has visited me in my dreams almost every night since. The first night, she was laying in her usual spot on my bed, on her blanket...It was so real. I woke up in the middle of the night and even heard her heavy breathing that she used to do.

A couple times, I have dreamt of her sleeping in her spot, and me glancing over my shoulder as I always did periodically throughout the night, she was laying there..

Oh I miss her so so much...I really hope she is here with me, watching over me
I am so sorry you lost your dog. They don't lose their loyalty, that's for sure. It is devastating to lose them, have gone through that too often but they enrich your life and heart forever.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Yes, I have, and still do.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Master Member

my cody passed on 9-8-12, and he hasn't appeared in my dreams. I wish he would, maybe he only comes when i'm deep asleep and dont remember. but the morning after he passed, i did have like a "sparkle" in my mind and the words "it"s ok" came to me. i was laying on my side and kind of like when he'd come up on along side of bed in the mornings.
readaboutdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.