Question about Grief. - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwart View Post
Having a new dog-friend sometimes helps ease the loss--at least it did in my experience.
That has at least helped me. WD brought everyone back into the real dog world, which is a great thing.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am grateful for all of you and your advice through this. My hubby has read through this thread a few times and it has helped him grieve. He had her well before I came along and his heart is still hurting, but he is starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you, everyone.

As for the new pup. We had been discussing new puppies for several months. We knew she wouldn't make it to her next birthday, but we thought we had more time. My husband may be getting a job back in our hometown of Pittsburgh, PA. Initially, we might have to live in an apartment and that's where we are running into trouble. A lot of apartment buildings have very strict rules against (in their words) "attack breeds" unfortunately, that includes our favorite breed, GSDs. The hubby and I would love another SAR/Agility/Obedience dog (especially from a specific breeder I found on this forum!), but we can't make plans until we know where we are moving.

Our house seems empty. Even though Chey was an old girl, she filled our house with such love. Every night, she'd meet my husband at the door letting lose her sharp, Collie bark. This particular exchange happened every time my husband walked in the door:

Chey: *barkbarkbarkbarkbark!!!*
Hubby: "Hey! I live here!"
Chey: *barkbarkbarkbark!!!* until he could get to her and give her a scratch behind the ears.

We were going to go to the beach today, but the FD needed him for a few events today. Finn is slowly coming around, but his appetite isn't where it's supposed to be. He hung out with his best buddy, Layla, this morning after the hubby had to go to the station for an emergency and he had Finn with him. Layla's owner, our cheif engineer at the FD and a very good friend of ours, said Finn didn't really want to be bothered. They usually play tug with an old section of fire hose, but today he just didn't want to play like he usually did.

I decided to enroll him into CGC classes in October. Is now a good time to start training or should I wait until he's back to normal?

Finnian The Irish Lad WGSD: SAR
Abeni the Little Warrior: Pomeranian rescue.

"Res nos operor ut alius algo"
"Go mairidís beo"
Shaolin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Shaolin ,Lucky should start training w/ an individual trainer as soon as I get my work schedule and kid schedule straightened out. Lucky seems back ,he actually was his silly self yesterday and today. hadnt seen that in a while.So as to the training Im not sure. Lucky when Id try different stuff to spark his interest would just lay down. Ill let you know how Luck does. You and your hubby take care.
Maggi

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.