What if YOU died... - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Aiden would stay with my BF. If something happened to him, my sister would take him. If that didn't work out, then they'd be in contact with friends from Schutzhund to help place him.
Tulah v Maringaland- puppy in training!
GatorDog is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
Crowned Member

All the pets..dogs, cats, and fish go to my son. I have a $25000.00 policy that is dedicated to my son to take care of the pets. He's not to happy about the fish part, but I told him I would haunt him if he doesn't take care of them
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC
Brennan- Golden Retriever

"A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you
more than he loves himself."
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #33 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Husband loves the dogs just as much as I do, so they would stay with him. If something happened to both of us our oldest daughter would take.
shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildo View Post
Ok- let's admit it. We're all pretty crazy dog people. I mean- we're hanging out on a dog forum for crying out loud! Our dogs are more than a hobby; they are our family- in a way that is very much like children.

...So what happens if you die? Do you have a plan for your animals like you do your children?

This is really hard for me because members of my family are either annoyed by Pimg's energy, or are very lazy. Both cases make them unsuitable places for Pimg to go if something were to happen to me. So what would you do? I'm really unsure that I know anyone (well enough) to place Pimg with if something were to happen to me. What a hard decision!
Yes, the Sams have been in our will for several years now and would go to our friend that is also our pet sitter. She loves our dogs and refers to them as her god dogs

She was also consulted when we were considering getting the puppy and we just need to add the pup to our will.

Neither of our family treats their dogs like we treat ours, so family is/was not an option for us.

Kenai - 10 yr old Samoyed Koda - 8 yr old Samoyed
Max - 4 yr old rescue Persian Nita - 01/26/2012 GSD
gmcwife1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #35 (permalink)

Dean would go to my mom. I would like to say he would go to my BF to be with our other dog, but the truth is my boyfriend wouldn't be able to handle him. He's complacent with how lethargic our lab has gotten on his watch, Dean would either become a nightmare or go the same road as Mal.

Mom, on the other hand, is always spoiling Dean and happy to play with him and walk him if I'm working both of my jobs. She knows our routine other than training, which I like. If my mother was unable to take care of him, I have multiple aunts who dote on him as well. One of my best friends would jump to take him as well, even though we live hundreds of miles apart currently.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #36 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I have no kids and no spouse/bf.

Sinister would go to my ex boyfriend, he is the only person I trust to take care of him and I know he will continue being fed a high quality kibble, get the exercise he needs and the attention and love that he deserves.

I am worried what will happen to my cats. My friend that would have taken them is moving to Canada to go to school, he would not be able to take my cats, my mom loves them but refuses to have indoor cats and my cats will not be able to survive outdoors. My other friend doesn't like cats and my other friend already has 2 male cats and 3 dogs.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #37 (permalink)

We have it all in our wills. Our oldest son will take care of them. In addition to what is being left to our children, we have also set aside an amount specifically for the care of R.D. and Mia.
drosado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #38 (permalink)
Knighted Member

If I died, Koda would stay with Matt and Simi would go to my best friend. If Matt died as well, it's likely that Koda would not be alive either since she is always with one/both of us. If she lived, though, without either of us she would go to my best friend permanently, or until a proper home could be found (my best friend has been such my entire life, and knows Koda VERY well... I fully trust her to do right by my baby).
Old 08-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
Elite Member

I don't think I can die. My husband is useless and wouldn't be able to handle Raina or the cats. My daughter would take care of the cats but Raina out weighs her and she really isn't a dog person. I could leave Raina to one of my friends but none of them would take care of her the way I do. I had planned to leave Raina to my trainer but then he moved out of town and we have been out of touch for almost a year so he's out. I worry about this type of thing a lot. I'm getting ready to make a cross country trip with Raina by myself and I need to write down instructions in case anything happens to me on the trip. Raina is microchipped and tattooed but that doesn't mean they would follow up on that after a car crash or something in a different state. I'm in the same place I was when my mother in law suggested we write a will as to who would raise my daughter if we both died - luckily she is 23 now and I don't need that but I had a hard time deciding which side of the family. Maybe my sister in law would take my dog as I know she loves hers the way I love mine. I need to talk to her about this.

Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
pyratemom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #40 (permalink)
Crowned Member

If I die, one of my dogs will be PTS. He is a liability that I manage. I have one horse that will be PTS as she has a terminal illness that costs a great deal of money to manage, she is my liability as well.

My Lacy will go back to the breeder. He is a good man and would find a responsible owner for him.

My GSD will stay with my husband (if we both go, then my daughter).

My Mini Doxie would go to my daughter.

My 1/2 Arabian will go to a good friend who would find him a good home. My remaining paint mare would go back to the ranch I bought her from as they would find her a good working home.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.