What if YOU died... - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I've had this discussion with my husband. He travels a great deal so it would be hard for him to keep Stosh but he could if my herding trainer would take Stosh while my husband is out of town- that way he could stay in herding which he loves and could be home the rest of the time. Or my brother in Ocala would take Stosh- he and his family are really into dogs and horses and my brother's home all the time. I think my husband would have plenty of offers to take Stosh- he's pretty popular
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Knighted Member

My pets are not my children, but being the responsible pet owner I am I have a plan in place and have discussed it with my adult children.

This topic came up recently when my sister's father in law passed away and instead of taking his 12 year old dog they put him to sleep. Yeah, they took the money/assets he left in his will. They had the space, but didn't want the bother. So they put this man's best friend down because they did not want him. I don't know what the will said or what his wishes were. Sent chills down my back. And they both feel like they did what everyone else would do.

My children love me enough to care for my animals, after all, next to my kids and husband, my pets are the next nearest and dearest to my heart.
Caledon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoung2153 View Post
It is a hard decision but one we should all think about..
I agree. I have to say, my mom was pretty offended when I told her that I didn't want Pimg to go to her. But the fact is, I know it's for the better for both parties. I just need to find a suitable party.

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Powell

My sister will take Jolene and if she couldn't handle Mickey my silly Sibe, who actually at 8 CAN be quiet inside will go to a friend who has experience . He sleeps or stays on the sofa listening to WKDK and me doing the weather.....
Powell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I've got a god parent for each and every one of my 8 pets <3 my parents will take my dogs and I have a dear friend that will take good care of my cats! She's got a few cats of her own and adored mine. I adopted some of her cats and she's more than willing to take them back if need me. It is in writing!
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Knighted Member

My husband are friends with a couple who have agreed to take should that happen. They've doggy-sat for them while we've been on trips so they know exactly what they're getting into
Old 08-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master Member

My dogs have a $75,000 trust fund. It didn't start out that large, but that's where the account is at today. If I'm dead, I don't need it. It goes to transport, kenneling, food, until a new home is found.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Master Member

My Husband would keep all my animals, and if something happened to both of us my kids are getting old enough that with the help of my Mom they would keep Indy and KIng, but since Frank does not get along well with my Mom's dog, if they couldn't get them to behave together then Frank's breeder would take him back and rehome him, they've done that for others successfully, I don't have anyone else in my family I would trust with Frank since other family members are used to dogs that are very easy going and love everyone with out any obedience training type dogs. They wouldnt' provide him with the structure he needs to stay a good dog.
Rowdy (MyHearts Red Treasure) Australian Shepherd
Franksmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Crowned Member

With purchasing my first house and dealing with life insurance, etc this has been on my mind

Jazzy would go to my parents and they would probably take my cats as well. I know they would take Delgado but I'm going to tell them I think he would be happier if he went back to the breeder. They would either keep or rehome him to a good home

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Master Member

If I go first, my husband wouldn't "get rid of" our dogs. He's not crazy about the shih tzu, but I know he would continue to provide well for her, even allowing her to continue to sleep in our bed with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.