Tala, my love, my heart… - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

I'm so sorry.
Gloria1273 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite Member

My heart aches for you.

How do you move on? After my beloved dobie passed on years ago, I went to the local SPCA to drop off her beds and toys for the shelter to use, and a nice volunteer understood why I was sobbing and gently offered to let me sit in a socialization room with a sweet puppy--not to adopt, but just to be. That little dog licked the salty tears and snuggled against me and fell asleep, and it was the first moment of peace I'd felt in days--at that moment, I knew there would be another dog in my life, not this puppy, but some other dog would inhabit that space in my heart. The loneliness wouldn't be forever.

More recently, I moved on by foster-failing. The shy little pup I'd brought home to foster ended up rescuing me when our old female died unexpectedly of hemangiosarcoma in April. That pup's presence, love, and sweetness got me through that dark, grief-stricken time -- and after that, there was no way I wasn't keeping her. She came to us for a reason, only I didn't know it when I brought her home to foster her.

My strongest advice right now is to find yourself some puppy therapy--if not at a shelter, somewhere. The smell of puppy breath and the softness of their little tongues is the best balm for an aching heart. Even if you won't be ready for another one for a while, just holding one for a little while will make you feel better. It's amazing how much it helps.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Magwart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

so sorry for your loss, big hugs
lorihd@comcast.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

I am so sorry for your loss.

I recently lost my girl, Callie, so I feel for you. It has been very hard for me. I don't have kids and Callie was my life. I loved her so much!! I think about her every day and I want to continue to do so. I love thinking about her. I miss her so much. I will cherish her memories forever as you will too with Tala.

Celebrate all the joy Tala brought you. And, know that she loved you just as much as you loved her!

Take care.

R.I.P. Cal, love mom
GSDcalab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tala View Post
Thank you for the kind words. I'm trying I really am, but it's so hard. I live alone so the loss of Tala is super hard. She was my friend, my companion and to a certain degree my protector. The house feels so empty. I know she's not there but I still find myself looking for her. It's too quiet and I miss her presence, her spirit. I almost don't know what to do with myself I feel so much sorrow. I know it will pass but it's still so hard. At least here I know there are people who understand.
The feelings of disbelief last a long time.Please take care of yourself my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 02:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwart View Post
My heart aches for you.

How do you move on? After my beloved dobie passed on years ago, I went to the local SPCA to drop off her beds and toys for the shelter to use, and a nice volunteer understood why I was sobbing and gently offered to let me sit in a socialization room with a sweet puppy--not to adopt, but just to be. That little dog licked the salty tears and snuggled against me and fell asleep, and it was the first moment of peace I'd felt in days--at that moment, I knew there would be another dog in my life, not this puppy, but some other dog would inhabit that space in my heart. The loneliness wouldn't be forever.

More recently, I moved on by foster-failing. The shy little pup I'd brought home to foster ended up rescuing me when our old female died unexpectedly of hemangiosarcoma in April. That pup's presence, love, and sweetness got me through that dark, grief-stricken time -- and after that, there was no way I wasn't keeping her. She came to us for a reason, only I didn't know it when I brought her home to foster her.

My strongest advice right now is to find yourself some puppy therapy--if not at a shelter, somewhere. The smell of puppy breath and the softness of their little tongues is the best balm for an aching heart. Even if you won't be ready for another one for a while, just holding one for a little while will make you feel better. It's amazing how much it helps.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Agree... We have lost three seniors in the last few years and have another on the downhill slide. Nothing will completely plug the hole left in your heart but playing with a puppy sure helps fill it a little bit. About 4-5 months after we lost the last one, we adopted a little mix on the kill list at our local shelter and while he will never take the place of my heart dog Shadow, working on socializing him and getting him over the trama he endured and watching him grow from a scared shy little puppy to a confident secure dog who loves everyone, has helped so much. Even our senior dog seems to have gained energy and hopefully a little bit more time with us.

I am so sorry for your loss.
shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.