The concept of the 'rainbow bridge' - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am a christian (catholic) and I believe that "God is love" and God is eternal, so that means love is eternal. It is not just a feeling but a life giving essence and it is my belief that every creature that loves and loves back ( according to it's capacity) and shares part of God's life and will be in heaven, where we will all know and be known.

Not trying to push my beliefs on anyone. I had one of my GSD's appear to me , just one time only, but it was enough to convince me of this is really true; realer than real

Waiting at the Bridge
Eli GSD
Chopper APBT
Raphael GSD

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1007494

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/610245.html
Debbieg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Elite Member

I believe that if there aren't animals there, especially our beloved pets, then it cannot possibly be heaven.
Falkosmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I too am Catholic and we have St Francis who is the patron saint of animals. Maybe you've heard of or seen a blessing of animals on the feast day of St Francis where people bring any and all pets to be blessed. The care of, and kindness to animals is a saintly calling...something Debbieg so eloquently expressed
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

As a Catholic we are taught that animals don't have souls and therefore can not go to heaven. We are also taught that Jesus will be sure to give us everything we need in heaven. I guess I'll have to wait and see when the time comes if I will still feel a need for my pets after death. I can't imagine life without pets and hopefully death is a long way off.
Anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 04:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via MSN to GSDolch

In my path, we believe in reanimation/reincarnation. Basically, when a person dies, they go to the Otherworld, where they can stay, or eventually be reborn down the family line, as a close family friend, or rarely an animal.

People/animal souls aren't really the same, and I haven't ever found anything saying anything specific about animals, BUT, that also leaves it open for the same thing to apply to our animals. So it could make logical sense to determine that when my pet dies, they "cross the bridge" to the Otherworld and wait for me. (if they so choose to).
Old 04-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I am agnostic. I don't know what happens when we die. I do know that whatever awaits, I do NOT want to spend it without my pets. I also want to see my pets from my childhood. So I can honestly say I care more and hope more for the existence of a "Rainbow Bridge" type place than for the Judeo-Christian version of Heaven.
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
DharmasMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkosmom View Post
I believe that if there aren't animals there, especially our beloved pets, then it cannot possibly be heaven.
Where's the like button?
The felines that rule the house - Oliver, Serena, Sakura & Bastian.
https://www.facebook.com/knuckleheadgsd
Kittilicious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Obviously none of us knows what awaits us on the other side of death. I think all religions and paths carry a nugget of truth, but none is 100% correct. I truly believe the afterlife isn't really something we can fully imagine or grasp in this life. That said, I don't believe that humans and animals are as different as we often like to believe. I think the dividing line between "human" and "animals" is mostly in our mind." I don't think the Creator has separate afterlife plans for the different species. Wherever we go, I bet we'll be there together.

At the Bridge:
Cash van der Animal Shelter 2006-2010
Emoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Rev. 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. Is. 11: 6-8 The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, and the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. The infant will play near the hole of the cobra, and the young child put his hand into the viper's nest.

The Lord has promised Heaven to be more than we can imagine. I trust that every one of the animals that the Lord and trusted in my care will be there with me. I will also be surrounded by animals that never knew love. That is the wonder of Heaven.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Sigh...I really need to join an Islamic forum I love everyones answers though. Very enriching. Especially the ones with verses or stories.
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.