Cremation - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

When we had Schatzi cremated, we got to go get her later that day. We dropped her off at about noon and picked her up at 4. It was a private cremation. (The only kind my mom and I would ever do - I don't want to get someone else's pet's ashes).

Her ashes are next to my mom's bedside.

I had one of my sugar gliders cremated there, also. I took him in at about 4 (they close a little later after that), so I picked him up after school the next day. He's in a little urn my grandpa made for him on my dresser.
I wouldn't bury him, and my mom wouldn't bury Schatzi. I want Atreyu to be with me, and if I ever move, he's coming along too.
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It took at least a week to get the ashes back.
My plan is to scatter some of the ashes on their/our favorite places, along the lake and on trails and under the rosebush in the yard. The rest stays with me. I was thinking of putting a tiny bit of it into a pendent that I could wear. The collars on the headrest of my car and they travel with me wherever I go.
RebelGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

it took 2 weeks to get mine back since the company only made the trip once a week to my area
racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Private cremation. I dropped off Baer myself. I brought him home when he was a puppy,; I should be the last to hold him.

I have a box of his ashes. They are also scattered here, in Budapest, in Germany
KK1 Griff v Tajgetosz SCH3,IPO3(BHOT) FCI & WUSV 2013
Smithie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 09:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elite Member

My big girls are on the piano. After a year or so, I think that I'll release the ashes at Moclips beach--their favorite place. I have their collar, tags and leashes coiled around the boxes.
I think it was about a week to get the ashes.
blehmannwa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Got some gorgeous urns on e-bay - Raiki for Cito....I have Kelsey, Alice, Cito and Jeremiah (my diabetic cat) all in my glass fronted bookcase....Kyra was living with friends when she passed, so she is at their house on a shelf wtih several of their dogs....I have a small box from her too.... I figure they will be with me when I go too...all our ashes together

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My gsd Omy was also cremated and it took over a week to get her ashes back. There's only one facility in our area that does individual cremations so it can take a while
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

There are places that have lockets as well..
KK1 Griff v Tajgetosz SCH3,IPO3(BHOT) FCI & WUSV 2013
Smithie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Knighted Member

For Oreo it took about 10 days but that was because the vet's office forgot to call me (they were HORRIFIED that happened). I had to call them because they said a week. Today they told me it should be the first of next week for Tessa. They already had a pick up scheduled for first thing in the morning from a euthanasia they did this morning so they are going to include Tessa in that pick up, otherwise she told me it could have taken a couple of more days.

I do understand your rush to get Mason back. I want Tessa back home, where she belongs. I know this is irrational but she had such bad separation anxiety so I hate the thought of her being alone right now. I will be glad when she is back with me so I know that she is never alone again.
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
DharmasMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Master Member

It has been just over a month since I said goodbye to my beautiful boy Brodie so this really hits home for me.

I too had a private cremation done. It took a week to have his ashes returned to me and I absolutely hated not having him "with" me.

Some of our past dogs we have kept the ashes, while with others, we scattered them at places where they absolutely loved and lived for (for example, Max was a Shepherd/Lab mix and he lived to swim so we spread his ashes at his favorite swimming spot; Jenny's ashes I keep as she was a total cuddle bug and preferred to be indoors where it was warm and comfy).

For me, it really depends on the dog and his or her personality as to whether to keep the ashes or spread them somewhere....Brodie's ashes I keep on my nighstand dresser, next to his favorite snoozing spot where his bed still lays.

GSDs
Jax vom Kiebitzende SchH1
Loc van het Basjes Huis The newest terror
Brodie - RIP Handsome...I miss you every day
Northern GSDs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.