German Shepherds Forum banner

T17 Working Dogs "A" Litter

33K views 185 replies 46 participants last post by  mycobraracr 
#1 ·
I'm starting this thread to post pictures and progress of my girl power 'A' litter :smile2: They were born November 30th. Six females, three sables, and three solid blacks. I'm amazed at how fast they are growing and changing every day. Here are some pictures to start it off.

See less See more
#3 ·
Super happy for you on this first litter. Can't wait to hear the names you chose for this all bitch A team!

#7 ·
so sweet!!!!!!!!!!! Have you got names picked yet????

Lee

Reactions: astrovan2487
#20 ·
Thanks everyone!

We are going to hold one back for at least 10-12 months to see how they are turning out. Not sure if I'm going to keep one permanently. One is already kinda got my heart though lol.

Ace is an awesome dog!
If clients pick up puppies by 8-9 weeks, why don't you let the owners name them?
I was able to do that. That's why I ask.
I will have paperwork already filled out by then. People are welcome to call their puppy what ever they want, but registered names will be from us. It's so I can make sure they end up with "A" vom T17. Most people don't have a problem with it. My dog Xander's registered name is Ivisaruk River, Heidi's is Quandary. They don't know that. They know Xander and Heidi. The only time those names get used is on trial paperwork.

#27 ·
Not that I'm eager, I just won't know who's getting what puppy until they leave. I've never met anyone who's had a problem with it. Some people have suggested "A" names, but at the end of the day are going to call their dog something starting with a different letter. So they don't care. I like to get to know my dogs for a while before I name them. So the registered name is irrelevant. Until they leave my place, I'm just referring to them by their color. Not a name, so they won't know it.

#23 ·
Congrats, on the litter, but just curious.

I've seen a few litters on here supposedly posted just for fun, to show puppy pictures. But there is a link to the breeder's website under the signature, and this forum is excellent for marketing, a very targeted audience. A marketers dream, really.

I think one breeder sold quite a few of her pups to forum members, using a similar "look at this amazing litter", strategy, and also having posted videos of the parents working, training, being pretty, etc.

Seems a bit tricky, to me, treading the line between free advertisement and just-for-fun puppy photos.

I get why the OP is doing it, and I don't see anything really wrong with it, personally, but, it does seem to cross the advertising line, to me.

#28 ·
I actually agree with you, it is flirting with the line. I'm just posting pictures like I do of all my pups. This litter I will begin working before they go home. Yup! I will post videos of that as well. To show some progression. I speak to many people on here in person. We've met a lot at the various venues we go to, weather it be SDA, IPO, PSA, dock diving, agility, fly ball, KNPV, LE trials or different Ring Sport events. I post videos and pictures of all my dogs. I do it for various reasons. Mostly, because for those who don't know me, I'm just another username. I feel by actually posting videos it helps validate me for when I give advice. People who don't know me and haven't seen my dogs in person can see first hand what my training and now genetics will produce. Agree or not at least you can see where I'm coming from.

Thanks for all the support guys.

#25 ·
I love it when breeders share pictures of their litters on here. Usually I've seen threads about their dogs, training and competing, so it is rather neat when they share news about a litter. I get where is could seem like advertising in a way, but it doesn't happen that often. I hope the breeders on here are allowed to continue sharing the happy news about their litters if they so choose.

#30 ·
it helps validate me for when I give advice. People who don't know me and haven't seen my dogs in person can see first hand what my training and now genetics will produce. Agree or not at least you can see where I'm coming from.

so said mycobraracr

Exactly ! mycobra is no pop-up-shop .
He has been around for a long time, been helpful , shared his experience and given sound advice . We need some breaths of fresh air around here sometimes.

I think there are some good opportunities to learn something from this litter.
We can discuss the pedigree. Follow the development of the pups who will experience good socialization.
We can analyse how close the predictions for the pups are ti tge eventual outcome months and years down the road.

Personally , I look forward to it.

#31 ·
I like to see well bred litters announced. I enjoy following progress of the pups as well.
There are a few breeders on here that never really share anything with what they are breeding, keep their kennel name a secret.
Transparency is what I'd rather see, it means the breeder is proud of what they are producing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.