New Subj Line: CL puppy having puppies - help needed from experienced pup raisers - Page 28 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #271 (permalink)
Elite Member

pinklady, I want to say, I have a lot of respect for you and your family just reading this thread.

Not alot of people would take advice as well as your family did, even when they were as harsh as they sometimes might be on this board.

Not alot of people would commit to the care of the animals as much as your family did, especially when the breeding was not a result of your choices.

Good luck on your new puppy!
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #272 (permalink)

Thank you so much everyone. We didn't expect it and it was one of the hardest things we've been through, but we wouldn't have felt good about doing it any other way (keeping Heidi and raising pups til the 8 weeks). I feel good that all are in good homes. We have told people if they can't keep their puppy for whatever reason, return them to us because we still have interested friends who would like one, and I'd rather them come back to us than go to a shelter. Considering most are friends, I know they won't go behind our backs. Just hope it doesn't happen!!!! People have been telling me the pups are looking maltese. Our little guy is almost 20 pounds, so he's not small, that's for sure.

Selzer, I'm glad you told me the realities of keeping two littermates. Watching the remaining puppy run around with the one we kept last night, I was glad we didn't keep two. Two puppies are much much naughtier than one. My rugs can attest to that. Sigh. All the puppies seem to be confident, so I do feel pretty good about that. I knew they were ready to go to their new homes, mostly because they were so thirsty for our attention, it's hard to give it to so many at once, especially when working full-time and with kids, etc. So we tried our best. Not many people can say they raised a litter of puppies so I will always remember this time and look back fondly, but also glad to never do it again!!!!

Here's our little guy. Although he's not so little. He and Sasha have been getting along very well, I'm happy to say. It's still the honeymoon period, but I'm more hopeful than I was with Heidi. Sasha has done the play bow with him, so I take that as a good sign.
Attached Thumbnails
New Subj Line: CL puppy having puppies - help needed from experienced pup raisers-puppy.jpg  

Last edited by pinklady; 02-15-2013 at 05:48 PM.
pinklady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #273 (permalink)

Another update (and hopefully the final one). The person who took Heidi has decided he can no longer take care of her. He works long hours and feels bad that she is in a crate for so long. I think he was just overwhelmed actually and hadn't realized how much work a dog could be on his own. So I've talked with Kristin at Southwest Michigan German Shepherd rescue and she has agreed to take her in and find her a good home. I probably should have done that in the first place. Regardless, I finally have some peace knowing that she will soon be there and in the hands of Kristin who I know will find the perfect home for her. I will always miss her, and I have a remembrance of her in our puppy who is a little devil. Here is a picture taken last Friday.
Attached Thumbnails
New Subj Line: CL puppy having puppies - help needed from experienced pup raisers-9-weeks.jpg  
Old 02-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #274 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default New Subj Line: CL puppy having puppies - help needed from experienced pup raisers

You did an amazing job. And omg the pup is soooo cute!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #275 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capone22 View Post
You did an amazing job. And omg the pup is soooo cute!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Agree !!! You did a great job and that pup is adorable!

Waiting at the Bridge
Eli GSD
Chopper APBT
Raphael GSD

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1007494

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/610245.html
Debbieg is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #276 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Kristin will have Heidi placed quickly and responsibly(such a great network of people helping her!). Thank you for all you did for this litter and their mom.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #277 (permalink)

Heidi has arrived at the rescue!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.