New Subj Line: CL puppy having puppies - help needed from experienced pup raisers - Page 17 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #161 (permalink)
Crowned Member

102 give or take a degree. Check her temperature. Also put a room thermometer in the box near where the puppies lie to make sure it is not too hot in there.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #162 (permalink)
Crowned Member

When you took her to the vet, did they x-ray her to make sure she was done, or did they palpate?

My first litter, the vet came out and palpated and said she didn't feel anything puppyish. That is why
Babs' name is Babs Sweet Surprise.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #163 (permalink)
Crowned Member

normal temperature for a dog is anywhere from 101-102.5 degrees. The former would be expected when the dog is at rest, the latter if the dog is exercising or worked up (like they might be at the vet's office). How are things going with her?
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #164 (permalink)

Still going okay over here. Heidi is doing well, and pups are doing well. She's letting us know when she wants to go outside for potty. She has started laying away from them at times, maybe half an hour or so at a time, maybe about 2-3 times. Is that normal? She's just wanting a break? Right now they are all feeding, well, most are. When she leaves them, they all huddle up. We are weighing them too to make sure they aren't losing any weight. The runt seems to be gaining, he's not as big as some of the others, but he's not as teeny. It's fascinating to just watch them. I have a feeling I will be needing more advice once they get older and are more mobile.
pinklady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #165 (permalink)

Hello, not sure if anyone is still reading this thread, but thought I would post an update. Heidi and the pups are all doing well. She had some bad diarrhea so we had her to the vet to test her stool and bloodwork, etc. but they couldn't find a cause. So they gave her a pill that I can't remember the name of. And we've been giving her chicken and rice.

Pups are getting big. She's doing most of the work with them. They will be 3 weeks Wednesday and are starting to walk and also play a teeny bit with each other (well just a couple of them). They respond to our voices and all have consistently gained (the runt is not quite 2 pounds and the biggest one is 3.5 pounds). We have been putting them in a laundry basket when we change their bedding but now they're getting too big for it.

Will get Heidi fixed in a couple weeks and see how her and Sasha get along. She doesn't seem to like Sasha being downstairs (it's where she had the babies). My husband built a 'pen' in our heated garage so we moved her and the puppies in there. My kids and I go in there often. My son worries Heidi will get bored, plus he likes to be near the puppies. We also have her cage in there to use when we let Sasha out (which we have to do through the back door of the garage thru the laundry room).

So not much news to report. I suspect things will get crazy in the coming weeks. I'm trying to get prepared and just ordered a puppy bowl for when she starts weaning them. It's all been very stressful, but we know there is an end in sight, so that helps. Just want the puppies to be healthy and happy (and Heidi too).

I've attached some recent pix of them too below. Still no idea what they will look like.....maybe just a mutt?
Attached Thumbnails
New Subj Line: CL puppy having puppies - help needed from experienced pup raisers-2013-01-06_14-05-25_152.jpg   New Subj Line: CL puppy having puppies - help needed from experienced pup raisers-2013-01-01_19-28-36_960.jpg   New Subj Line: CL puppy having puppies - help needed from experienced pup raisers-2013-01-06_13-58-51_955.jpg   New Subj Line: CL puppy having puppies - help needed from experienced pup raisers-2013-01-06_13-59-05_412.jpg   New Subj Line: CL puppy having puppies - help needed from experienced pup raisers-2013-01-03_21-17-41_275.jpg  

New Subj Line: CL puppy having puppies - help needed from experienced pup raisers-2013-01-05_14-50-06_343.jpg  

Last edited by pinklady; 01-07-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #166 (permalink)
Elite Member

Wow! I just read this thread and it has to be one of the most amazing threads I have ever read on this forum! I admire how you and your husband handled this surprise with so much poise and perseverance!!! It was also great to see how many people on this forum were able to offer you their expertise and help you through it!

The puppies are adorable!
LifeofRiley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #167 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sounds like everything is going well . Great job!

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #168 (permalink)

they are soooooooo CUTE! the fun begins now, the bunch of little angels will turn into little terrors)))

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
they are soooooooo CUTE! the fun begins now, the bunch of little angels will turn into little terrors)))
I know, that's what I'm afraid of. We're already trying to figure out how we can cordon off sections of the house so they don't destroy anything. Our poor kitties have been freaked out with Heidi's arrival, wait til there are 7 little ones running around.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #170 (permalink)

lotsa babygates, altho I have found they can just barge right thru them..Maybe partition off part of your basement where they are, a little bit bigger area..

Have you got some homes lined up? And are you going to keep any?? I don't know if I could resist not keeping just one

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.