Our breeder has died - Eric Falconer - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Our breeder has died - Eric Falconer

Just thought I'd post this in case anybody knew or worked with Eric.
He really was a nice man, very patient, you could call him anytime. When you bought one of his dogs, he gave you so much information on training and offered free classes to you, info about the breed and every stage of their development. His dogs are beautiful. He will be missed.

Eric Falconer
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Alice's mother was from Von Falconers.
They at one point had a whole page stating why they wouldn't sell littermates to one house. Interesting, site.
I'm sorry for the loss, but I'm sure that the sons are running the facility now.
Sean's Dogs.com
CarrieJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

That is sad. Met him once, as I am from the Bay Area. Nice man.
KK1 Griff v Tajgetosz SCH3,IPO3(BHOT) FCI and WUSV World Teams '13
Smithie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up Eric's passing a HUGE loss to our community

I was so pleased to see you mention Eric, yet so sad to hear of his passing. I was terribly sad I missed his memorial service, I would have taken my children and gone to celebrate his life.
Eric touched my family in many ways in the last few years and will always be remembered with love. His philosophy was devoted to love, unity, one-ness. I believe not just with the dog, but with our fellow human beings.
Eric was a mans man, yet soft, gentle and kind hearted. He loved everyone.

Just over 2 years ago Eric placed a puppy with us. I was a single mother of three, and one of my children had just been diagnosed with irreversible refractive amblyopia and already struggles with autism/Aspergers. I was humbled by his generosity, kindness and trust.

Now, we have Jetta. all grown up. She is the most amazing dog I have ever known. She tries so hard and loves so much I'm just reduced to tears at times from her ability to just love in such a constant fashion.

Thank you Eric for this amazing gift that has changed not just my life but the lives of my children. And thank you for posting the notice of his passing.
warmly,
Tonja
MyJettaMyGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJettaMyGSD View Post
I was so pleased to see you mention Eric, yet so sad to hear of his passing. I was terribly sad I missed his memorial service, I would have taken my children and gone to celebrate his life.
Eric touched my family in many ways in the last few years and will always be remembered with love. His philosophy was devoted to love, unity, one-ness. I believe not just with the dog, but with our fellow human beings.
Eric was a mans man, yet soft, gentle and kind hearted. He loved everyone.

Just over 2 years ago Eric placed a puppy with us. I was a single mother of three, and one of my children had just been diagnosed with irreversible refractive amblyopia and already struggles with autism/Aspergers. I was humbled by his generosity, kindness and trust.

Now, we have Jetta. all grown up. She is the most amazing dog I have ever known. She tries so hard and loves so much I'm just reduced to tears at times from her ability to just love in such a constant fashion.

Thank you Eric for this amazing gift that has changed not just my life but the lives of my children. And thank you for posting the notice of his passing.
warmly,
Tonja
What you wrote was echoed by many at his memorial service. There were several GSD's and other dogs at the memorial, all behaving very well, it was amazing. Molly got to meet her sister at the service, we used to train with her brother.
Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

This is sad to hear. I did not know him personally, but have only heard good things about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieJ View Post
They at one point had a whole page stating why they wouldn't sell littermates to one house.
And smart, too! Certainly a great loss to the GSD world.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Haven't posted or been on the site for quite a while. Heard about Eric from another former owner of a Von Falconer dog at our club trial.

Kayla also comes from a Von Falconer breeding. We trained up there for several years and went back occasionally with both her and Lancer. We haven't been up there in about a year and a half, but Kayla always loved heading down to Bonny Doon.

Eric, Bryan and the staff were one of two groups I trusted leaving my dogs with. They boarded there several times over the years.

Eric was one of those folks who knew dogs very well and just had a special way of working with shepherds and other dogs that went there for training. Also spent time and $$$ working with local shelters and rescue groups. He will be greatly missed by the community

Kayla 02/12/05

Lancer 05/01/08

Last edited by Kayla's Dad; 09-30-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Kayla's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 03:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

sounds like he was a wonderful man - condolences to his family
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.