Boy von Zorra pups? Anyone have one? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Knighted Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
qbchottu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Boy in German does not mean "boy". Let's remember the language differences before we post.

Back on topic. And I mean BACK ON TOPIC!!

Thank you,

ADMIN Lisa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #23 (permalink)

OMG. This is the kind of silliness that gives the pet boards a bad name. Yikes.

Anywho................I'm anxiously awaiting puppy #6. Shall I drown them now or later?

Thanks to those who tried to contribute meaningful comments.
vom Eisenherz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master Member

You definitely don't wanna waste anymore time on that bunch! Just send em to me. I'll take care of em for you.
Lakl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

There is a breeder north of me that uses Boy as stud. She had a litter(singleton) born just yesterday and another litter due shortly.
I think her previous Boy litter is almost two, contact Shelby to see how they are turning out. Neuer Monde German Shepherds - *Banner von Neuer Monde, owned by Heather NorconkPhoto courtesy of Heather Norconk

and

Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #26 (permalink)

I have a Boy son and know someone with another Boy son (her dog is out of a really nice Karthago bitch, she is also a very nice person, she actually did the AD with me so I could run both my dogs at the same time and she handled Pan). My Nikon is almost 4 years old but I had contacted Bill and Jen before I got him about getting a dog from them and then decided to go a different direction at that time (show line). When I saw Boy in person for the first time in 2009 I was very interested in him so I got Pan (Boy/Hilde) born August 30, 2010.

Pan is high drive, high energy. He is very stable and I mean that almost to the extreme. Sometimes in protection we struggle with pushing him to the next level because he is SO complacent and happy, he's difficult to really unnerve and pressure into strong defense. But, in my mind this is not a bad problem to have. I chose to go to Boy because I was looking for a high level sport dog that would not be a problem around kids, lots of people, living in the city (people here have no concept of personal space so I can't have dogs that are very territorial). In my mind Pan is too friendly for a GSD but again, this is not a bad problem to have and he is turning two in exactly one month so there is still plenty of time for him to mature. He is still aloof in the sense that he only listens to me and prefers me, but he's also very receptive to attention and a very social dog. He's good with kids and I think he sees himself as one of them, not a guardian or protector but he likes to play *with* kids. He has never, ever been mouthy. I would not describe Pan as "calm" but he is respectful. Pan has high prey drive and (IMO) a lower threshold than I'm used to with Nikon. However I do not find Pan hard to control. I say his name and he will come to a screeching halt and come right back to me. He's just super happy and willing to please. He is a tad dumb meaning that he learns differently than Nikon. He's not real easy to free-shape. He likes to be shown what to do, either through luring or compulsion, and then he will have a breakthrough moment and is very reliable after that. For example it took me months just to get Pan to TAKE the dumbbell in his mouth but once I got him to realize all I was asking was to open the mouth and grip the dumbbell, he progressed to very fast, correct retrieves in just a week. He is very drivey and willing to learn but because his threshold is lower I think he gets too highly aroused in drive rather quickly which sometimes blocks his ability to really problem-solve and do freeshaping exercises, but even so I think he's ahead of the game (he was ready for his BH and had to wait because he was too young). He is behind in tracking because I hate tracking and it's been so hot and dry we just haven't tracked.

Pan currently does Schutzhund, flyball, and dock diving. He's the fastest U-Fli German Shepherd dog in North America (he runs 3.9) after just a few months of training. He set a new breed record in his first tournament. He is 2x SG rated, dentition SV and USCA certified, a-stamps A1/normal and just saw his ZW score posted as 76. At 23 months he's 71lbs and is starting to fill out. I've been keeping him lean for flyball but can't stop the inevitable. I LOVE his color (he's not a black sable but fairly dark I think). He is starting to get more masculine though I believe will be smaller and lighter boned than Boy. Growing up he's been 10-15lbs lighter than his littermate Rocco (the other Schutzhund prospect male from the litter I almost got).

Hopefully that helps, if you have specific questions, let me know. I'm happy to be honest about what I like/dislike about my dogs. I will say I am totally happy with Pan and have had no surprises which tells me I did my research I am on vacation but will try to check back.

This is the most recent photo of Pan, watching the Olympics last night (sorry about the eyes, was using the crappy camera)
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Last edited by Liesje; 07-30-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

PS. I love Capri. Is your litter spoken for?
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)

Old 07-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

Wow, thank you! Now THAT is what I was looking for! I am hoping Capri's short fuse will be a good cross. She is sweet as can be but flips a switch and is extremely civil. She has produced strong natural aggression across the board, regardless of stud, so I'm not worried about them being too friendly, as she is one of those bitches who produces similarly regardless of stud. I think Boy will be a great compliment to her physically as well, though looks are certainly not paramount.

I have one or two still available- either a black or sable female and a sable male. The others are all spoken for.

p.s. Boy has a type of temperament that sometimes DOES take a few years to mature, so don't lose heart about Pan's goofy teenage personality just yet. I have seen other dogs coming through similar lines behave this way until 3 or so in some cases. He is beautiful, nonetheless. Thank you so much for posting.
vom Eisenherz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

I saw a super nice "Boy" son yesterday, training at my Schutzhund club in Michigan.
He was only 15 months, tall and lean, nice bone. He will be a large dog when he adds muscle to his frame. He already has a nice big head on him.
He had very limited training in bite work when he came, with his handler, to spend the week with our club TD. I saw him at the end of the week of training and he was doing a very nice hold and bark in the blind- big, deep bark.
Very masculine male with deep rich color and good pigment. The only thing I didnt love about him was he had a ring tail - made a complete circle from start to finish.
t.lesniak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

I know what dog you're talking about and yes, his tail has always been like that. Hopefully it's just him. Pan carries his tail high when he's trying to posture but otherwise he holds it correctly (and it hasn't come up in his shows). Pan's half-brother is BIG!
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.