potential serious side?? - vid - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
x11
Banned

thanks for the advice, i choose to ignore it tho.
x11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

If you will post the pedigree I can tell you how he is bred. I can tell you Czech dogs are slow to mature. Also what are your plans for him ultimately? The decoy is an important component in training and i would not go this route:-)
www.nndda.org, Certifying official all fields
www.k9trainingcenters.com
ladylaw203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
x11
Banned

i did not purchase the dog with papers, i am not sure the mother has papers. sounds bad to most here i know but i based my purchase on what i saw the parents do while working, i worked all the breeders dogs myself and other progeny that were old enough.

the grandsire is nukey which many here will prolly know as a great sport dog. a nukey son is the sire but not sure what nukey was bred with - whatever it was the breeders of nukeys son are top and well respected breeders.

my dog was the first outcross with the nukey son - is nukey czech, i don't know, which makes me don't know if his son is czech etc. he looks it?

the grandsire on the dam side is a well known street dog, well known by private industry at least.

which makes my dog a bit mean junk-yard dog outcrossed with elite international level sport dog.

i would not go this training route either if i had a choice. dogs are adaptable and i am not stupid or cruel. if the dog is going to work the training will neither prevent him from or cause him to work, what a dog is is what a dog is.

he will do street work, i won't start him untill he is 2yo and then he will only get easy gigs out of harms way untill he shows he has the capacity. if he fails he will be my pet, albeit an active pet. personally i have no doubts he will do the work, a prediction yes but sheesh not many people would even go anywhere near him now.

sorry about vagueness of ped but i never went to buy a piece of paper i wanted a dog and the best way i know how to do that is see the parents and progeny work and know the breeder his plan experience past products of breeding and his ethics.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have two nu key sons. Yes he is Czech. When you say street work what do you mean? Are you a cop? And poor training can ruin a nice dog. I have been certifying dogs for many years and have seen some nice young dogs totally screwed up because the foundation is everything
www.nndda.org, Certifying official all fields
www.k9trainingcenters.com
ladylaw203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
x11
Banned

dog first time presented with someone at front door;

different day different decoy same door - yes he lost focus for a bit;

with a real decoy at night - poor vid quality;

dog is confident and sharp as ****!

Last edited by Castlemaid; 11-18-2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Using symbols and acronyms to replace swear words is still using swear words and against board rules.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
x11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaw203 View Post
I have two nu key sons. Yes he is Czech. When you say street work what do you mean? Are you a cop? And poor training can ruin a nice dog. I have been certifying dogs for many years and have seen some nice young dogs totally screwed up because the foundation is everything

wow you have nukey sons, that makes us in-laws, hi ya, gonna bookmark you mam how do you friend people on this forum.

not a cop, a rent-a-cop, not my full income stream tho, need more dogs lol.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Elite Member

he looks like he will already bite someone for real
pets4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
x11
Banned

please don't assume as some have that this dog has been pushed into defence by some harsh agitation methods - so not true, his stimulation is exactly what you have seen, in fact i have taped every session and put them on this board. he has not had many sessions at all in his life and all the stimulation is what you see.

unless you count this stuff;

Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x11 View Post
ya, i am pulling him back, basically pulling him off his feet trying to put in a huge safety margin but it is compromising the training exercises.

i have no choice on decoys, i am raising this decoy myself. he is not a "moving shaking" kind of guy lol but a good guy. he is prolly more like a real adversary than some whip-cracking, disco shuffle, decoy dude or a princess schutshund forearm decoy.
Hey now, I ONLY do "thriller" when I'm working dogs. Too young for disco
SG Aska v. Ketscher Wald
Yōkai v.d. Sportwaffen
hunterisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Knighted Member

What is a "princess Schutshund forearm decoy"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.