Russian Police K-9 Training... - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Master Member
 
Ingrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 676
^^^Correction to the above article.
Where it reads: 'Then comes the interesting part of the workout "on the bag". In one of the six ounce bags TNT is laid.' should read 'In one of the bags, 6 ounces of TNT is laid.'
Ingrid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Denver,CO
Posts: 321
Beside amazon try this website but you will need to be up on your polish.
Dom Ksiazki Chicago
szariksdad is offline  
post #53 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Master Member
 
Ingrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by szariksdad View Post
Beside amazon try this website but you will need to be up on your polish.
Dom Ksiazki Chicago
Thank you for this link! Unfortunately I get this message when trying to find 'Four Tank Men and a Dog' (Czterej Pancerni i Pies) on their site:

Twoje wyszukiwanie nie zwróciło żadnych wyników :
- sprawdź czy poprawnie wpisałeś szukane słowa
- wpisz inne słowa kluczowe

e.g.

Your search did not return any results:
- Make sure you have searched with the correct word
- Useother keywords

Still not willing to give up, I've emailed them to see if they have the DVD but it just isn't listed on-line. The theme song from the show has really grown on me!



Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Czterej Pancerni i Pies.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	16021  
Ingrid is offline  
post #54 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Crowned Member
 
Jessiewessie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lakewod, CA
Posts: 6,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catu View Post
They are German Shepherds, but a genetically isolated population, just as the American German Shepherd. You could say it is a "subspecie" of the breed, like Darwin's finches
Then why do some people make it sound like they are completely different breed?

Jessica

Molly-GSD DOB: 2/19/07
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner-GSD
Max & Simba- Sheltie Mixes
Jessiewessie99 is offline  
post #55 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Elite Member
 
GSD07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 1,985
I don't know, Jessica. Everyone there refers to their dogs as GSD and only when it comes to shows and pedigrees the EES comes up. It is a distinct subset of the breed, though.

I looked through the pictures and noticed that the dogs do not have training collars on any of those, just regular flat or agitation collars.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GSD07 is offline  
post #56 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 01:38 AM
Crowned Member
 
Jessiewessie99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lakewod, CA
Posts: 6,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD07 View Post
I don't know, Jessica. Everyone there refers to their dogs as GSD and only when it comes to shows and pedigrees the EES comes up. It is a distinct subset of the breed, though.

I looked through the pictures and noticed that the dogs do not have training collars on any of those, just regular flat or agitation collars.
Its so confusing.lol.

They just seem like another variation of a working line GSD to me.

Jessica

Molly-GSD DOB: 2/19/07
Rainbow Bridge:
Tanner-GSD
Max & Simba- Sheltie Mixes
Jessiewessie99 is offline  
post #57 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 03:06 AM
Member
 
webdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver not B.C. Washington not D.C Clark County not Nevada Near Portland, OR not Maine
Posts: 53
I believe, most dogs in the article "One day from life of OMON (Russian SWAT team) are in fact German Shepherds Dogs.



This photo: Do not feed dry food (kibble) <<Janin>> German Shepherd 2001 DOB, Registered Number N 225, Federal Budget.

So called Eastern European Shepherds was a result of breed GSD with Caucasian Ovcharka (Shepherd).

Sir Jet Black of Rogue River -- Black Labrador Retriever 06/16/2007
Echo IV vom HausReid --German Shepherd Dog 08/11/2011
webdome is offline  
post #58 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 03:28 AM
Member
 
webdome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver not B.C. Washington not D.C Clark County not Nevada Near Portland, OR not Maine
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
Thank you for this link! Unfortunately I get this message when trying to find 'Four Tank Men and a Dog' (Czterej Pancerni i Pies) on their site:

Twoje wyszukiwanie nie zwróciło żadnych wyników :
- sprawdź czy poprawnie wpisałeś szukane słowa
- wpisz inne słowa kluczowe

e.g.

Your search did not return any results:
- Make sure you have searched with the correct word
- Useother keywords

Still not willing to give up, I've emailed them to see if they have the DVD but it just isn't listed on-line. The theme song from the show has really grown on me!




Sir Jet Black of Rogue River -- Black Labrador Retriever 06/16/2007
Echo IV vom HausReid --German Shepherd Dog 08/11/2011
webdome is offline  
post #59 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Elite Member
 
GSD07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 1,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdome View Post
So called Eastern European Shepherds was a result of breed GSD with Caucasian Ovcharka (Shepherd).
They are as much 'so called' as German showlines and Czech or DDR. And no, they were not a cross with the caucasian shepherd.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GSD07 is offline  
post #60 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Master Member
 
hattifattener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Latvia
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdome View Post

So called Eastern European Shepherds was a result of breed GSD with Caucasian Ovcharka (Shepherd).
wrong.
hattifattener is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome