Russian Police K-9 Training... - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Master Member

oh,i used to watch this show when i was a kid back in 80s.

rather funny.

p.s. sorry,i can't find any pictures of my EES x GSD.
hattifattener is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #42 (permalink)

You can buy the series of the old show to watch from the polish video store in Chicago. A few of the series they went back and added English subtitles to.
szariksdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #43 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by szariksdad View Post
You can buy the series of the old show to watch from the polish video store in Chicago. A few of the series they went back and added English subtitles to.
Does the store have a website? One of these series' videos sounds like something to add to a birthday wish list!
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #45 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My "Russian" German shepherd

Catu's Pack
Catu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #46 (permalink)
Master Member

^^^ Wow, that is very impressive Catu! Is this Diabla?

My Russian friend says he would be proud to have this beautiful dog as an honorary "Russian" shepherd!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #47 (permalink)
Master Member

Yes, it is expensive...I'd better start putting away some money to save up for it. Thanks for finding this link!
Old 03-23-2012, 02:37 AM   #48 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Jessiewessie99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jessiewessie99 Send a message via Skype™ to Jessiewessie99

Sorry if I sound ignorant, I don't mean to, but those EES look just like GSDs(in the link GSD07 posted). Is the difference temperament? Otherwise I am not sure of the difference, besides the name.

Once again sorry if I sound ignorant. Just a little confused.lol

Molly-GSD ✔ Certified Ninja Dog
Tanner-GSD ✔ Certified Lovebug
RIP:
Max & Simba
"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible."-George Chakiris, as said by Agent Derek Mogan
Jessiewessie99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 05:59 AM   #49 (permalink)
Crowned Member

They are German Shepherds, but a genetically isolated population, just as the American German Shepherd. You could say it is a "subspecie" of the breed, like Darwin's finches
Catu's Pack
Catu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #50 (permalink)
Master Member

Russian Article
Один день из жизни ОМОНА (Originally published November 29, 2010)

as promised, translated to English after a little work:

A Day in the Life of OMAN (Riot Police)

Riot police – The Police Department
The purpose of which is to perform dangerous jobs in the urban environment, including the seizure and liquidation of armed criminals, and violent suppression of the riots.

Today we will visit one of the bases of the riot police, to see what is inside the unit.
On Tuesday I spent the day with the Moscow riot police: (They have been based in Strogino), looked at the training of service dogs, saw police vehicles take off from the garage, and then went to a football match, to see how the riot police provide security at the match.

This story - the first part of a big photo project, was planned in conjunction with the Ministry of Interior. His goal is not to denigrate the work of, or to embellish the Russian police, but to show the different units and to tell about the people who are out there. By the way, you can write to us about any police departments you would be interested to read about.
On this basis, the idea of spending 12 hours with the Moscow riot police came to me. We decided to start with the dog service. They have just started a daily workout:

In the detachment of about 50 dogs, there is a Labrador, Alsatian, a few Rottweilers, but most of all German Shepherds. They are more versatile, suitable for protection, and to search for explosives.

Here, only adult dogs - a detachment is not possible to breed puppies that are needed for specific employees - schenyatniki. New dogs arrive at the service from the canine kennel Balashikha, or are purchased from private breeders.

Each criminologist (cynologist) is fixed with a dog. They must be real friends, and have something else as well. It happens that new employees sometimes come into the service with their own dogs. However, it raises various difficulties, because the animal must stand up to the requirements of the Interior Ministry, the dog must be fed, and it cannot be just a home ‘pet’ (zaberesh). “Retired”, the elderly, dogs are often taken to employees’ homes to be cared for.

However, adult dogs have no lulls - At the base there is a separate enclosure, where the dogs live out their days: They are also fed and cared for there.

Each workout begins with a short walk, and then built on. Here, employees and their "buddies" work out the standard commands. Voice commands are almost never used. The dog must be praised every time it properly implements a team owner’s command:

Then comes the interesting part of the workout "on the bag". In one of the six ounce bags TNT is laid. Neither the dog nor its owner knows in which kind of bag is an explosive. The dog sniffs each bag one by one. Beside the bag where the explosive is, the dog sits down and waits for its owner’s will. The owner quietly pulls out the dog's favorite toy and gives it. Well done, good job!:

Why a ball? To an explosive or drug search dog - this is a game. From the very first workout with them, scent balls are put in a bag of toys. ‘She begins to recognize her scent, and then accurately determines where the ball is hiding. Then put the ball with various types of explosives: It feels a toy and still runs to it. Over time, the smells are mixed, and the dog runs to the bag of explosives, thinking that there is a toy there.' In order not to disappoint the animal, the owner immediately pulls a toy out of his pocket and gives it to the dog. In combat conditions, of course, there are no toys, but to praise and give cookies or other tasty things - this is mandatory.

Working rooms with dogs is much easier. If a dangerous object is there for at least a couple of hours, a dog will smell it almost instantly and runs to it. To find a bomb in a parked car isharder; the smell does not penetrate the metal, and the wind disrupts.

In the Moscow unit, workers are not only from Moscow. Many come from other regions, some with their families. They offer a dormitory. Earlier this year, a new 16-story building for employees and their families was opened. In fact, this "dormitory" is more reminiscent of the Moscow housing business class: a protected area, ample parking, and elevators. They are otisovskie apartments - small, yes, basically odnushki, but the price is right. In general – it is better living than in the neighboring Soviet high-rise buildings, in my opinion. I myself, for example, would live with pleasure in a rented apartment in the dormitory:

See the rest of the article here: http://loveopium.ru/rossiya/omon.html

Last edited by Ingrid; 03-23-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.