Dog Kicking Cop: Reinstated With Back pay - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Based on everyone's reaction to the video & reading the below description...there is no way I can watch the video. Disgusting....

On August 8, 2007, during a canine training exercise, North Carolina Highway Patrol Sgt. Charles L. Jones was video taped by cell phone hanging his assigned police dog by the neck and repeatedly kicking the dog in order for it to release a chew toy that was in the dog's mouth. Jones claimed he was following proper canine handling procedure.
Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

I am trying to post this but have to keep deleting....
This man needs to be fired and filed on. This is obviously some backwoods Bubba nonsense. That is NOT how we teach a hard headed dog to out. I would be in trouble if I would have seen this because I would have whipped that cop and taken his dog
The good old boy club there obviously prevailed. The public needs to rise up. this is clearly Cruelty to Animals and if these morons attended some school or seminar that taught this,they need to be shut down. This makes me ill........ Anyone that would do that to an animal, does not need a badge or a gun. Abusive....... I could go on.........
www.nndda.org, Certifying official all fields
www.k9trainingcenters.com

Last edited by ladylaw203; 02-12-2012 at 10:42 AM.
ladylaw203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I would like to send a video to Sgt. Jones of my 13 year old daughter having our young GSD "out" his favorite toy even after he's all ramped up from having a good time.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Well, with all due respect your dog and 13yr old daughter are not police k9. Big difference. however I have been using motivational methods with hard,drivey police k9s for many years that I learned long ago from some sport folks overseas and they work. All of this compulsive ludicrous nonsense is old school and still keeps hanging around.......
I have won bets at our NNDDA nationals with some k9 cops whose dogs would not out. I bet them that I could fix their dog given some time with my methods. I always win IF the dog has a stable temperament. Not all dogs who do not out are stable. FYI
www.nndda.org, Certifying official all fields
www.k9trainingcenters.com
ladylaw203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaw203 View Post
Well, with all due respect your dog and 13yr old daughter are not police k9. Big difference. however I have been using motivational methods with hard,drivey police k9s for many years that I learned long ago from some sport folks overseas and they work. All of this compulsive ludicrous nonsense is old school and still keeps hanging around.......
I have won bets at our NNDDA nationals with some k9 cops whose dogs would not out. I bet them that I could fix their dog given some time with my methods. I always win IF the dog has a stable temperament. Not all dogs who do not out are stable. FYI
I know not the samething at all in comparsion...I was just being curt with my comment.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Who on God's green earth thought these "methods" would be effective and yield the desired result? Kicking the **** out of a hard dog is not going to get it in "control", it's going to create a harder dog who is OUT of control... fight or flight response. Absolutely sickening...I can't believe the "oh, well we all do it" flew in court.
LoveEcho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
.I can't believe the "oh, well we all do it" flew in court.
All I know is; we don't all do it.

DFrost

DFrost
DFrost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

Here is a petition asking for full prosecution of this idiot. It is true that the entire department should be re-done, I can't believe so many stood up for him and said it was commone practice but perhaps prosecuting this one will make the others think twice. Maybe there is more we could do, IDK, it is scary! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/46/ju...arles-l-jones/

Thanks
GSD2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFrost View Post
All I know is; we don't all do it.

DFrost
Oh I know; we work pretty extensively with several PD's in surrounding states--- that's my point-- none of them can fathom that argument flying either, so how did it??
LoveEcho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 01:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Elite Member

This makes me happy that the only K-9's I've been close up with have loved their dogs like mad, and wouldn't dream of treating them this way.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.