German Shepherds Forum banner

Camping in the UP of Michigan(pic heavy)

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  onyx'girl 
#1 ·
Just got back from a refreshing week of clear water, white sand,waterfalls, beautiful rocks,canoeing,hiking and great family fun. Our main camp site had a direct trail to the beach about 50 feet away, slept by the sounds of crashing waves. We never saw more than 4 people on the beach, and mostly it was just us.
My girl watching her girl.

Tess did not like Cay being out on the canoe.

~Sunset~

Swimming, Della likes to splash in the shallows.

Fetch

Sable Falls

Tahquamenon Falls

View from the Campsite

See less See more
#2 ·
Beautiful dogs and beautiful pictures! [emoji4]
We have a place in Iron County, way over on the other side. Your pictures remind me of the Porcupine Mountains; one of our favorite spots. Steele visited our place for spring break but was only 10 weeks old. I'm hopeful he will kayak with me up there this summer!
Thank you for sharing the pictures! The solitude and beauty of the UP forests can't be beat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#3 ·
We've had our oldest GSD over to the Porcupines, I love how different the UP can be. Our beach at the Porkies was huge slabs of stone.
We put her in the canoe with my son-in-law but she jumped out. I think if I had been in with her she would have stayed put. I'm going to try it at home sometime.

#5 ·
The North Country Trail ran through the back of the State Forest Campground that we stayed in, we hiked it a little ways.

#7 ·
That picture of your dog in the Porkies is AMAZING!!! Just gorgeous! I've seen signs for the north country trail but never hiked it. I head up the 9th of June with my 20 year old daughter to practice backcountry back packing. She's going on an internship to Yellowstone this summer to study wolves, bison, and grizzlies.
This is a picture of my guy with our dogs; Dominic has since passed, but little Lily is a great sister to Steele. She refuses to kayak, but hates when I'm in it! [emoji23] I think Steele may end up too big to get in with me, but will probably my swim along the side. He loves water! Dog Canidae Dog hiking Dog breed Adventure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#8 ·
Nothing better than a trip to the UP with dogs. I love how you can just pull over most anywhere and enjoy a great lake...Michigan or Superior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.