German Shepherds Forum banner

Two Germans and a French Shepherd

2K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  doggybyts89 
#1 ·
Almost two weeks ago now I brought home a new little brother for my GSDs. A little Beauceron pup named Sirius. He fits right in with the other shepherds ;)

For those that don't remember, the long coat is Addaxx and the other is Fenyxx.

Addy will be 9, Feny will be 6 and Sirius is 10 weeks.

See less See more
#2 ·
Aw, what a beautiful crew you have. I bet that little pup will keep you all on your toes.

#22 ·
They are very cool dogs!

Daisy&Lucky's Mom;8372305 said:
They are a beautiful trio. They make a great pack.
Thank you :)

Adorable pup!! Great looking pack!!
Thank you!

Oh wow, I do remember you! Nice to see you back, your new puppy is adorable.
I appreciate it :)

What a beautiful intense looking trio! Very nice! Are the two shepherds working line Sables? So handsome. They will keep you busy!

I have a new girl, a WGSL (red) sable. From what I understand, the WGSL sables are more red, the working line sables more black. Always trying to learn more!
Thank you! They are working line. My female (long coat) is West German and my male is Czech

#20 ·
Oh wow, I do remember you! Nice to see you back, your new puppy is adorable.

#27 ·
I looked more into them as a result of this thread. I am interested in them but then wonder why I would change from a GSD. Deja is everything I could have asked for. It seems like they are more like a Rottie?
So far, they are remarkably similar . Very intelligent and highly adaptable . I haven't noticed many differences yet between raising him and raising my Czech boy. He's intelligent , confident , velcro , etc. All of the great traits we so love in our GSDs . One major difference I have heard from other beauce owners is they are not as vocal as the GSD. I have noticed that a little . Sirius only barks if he's asking to be let out or playing with another dog. Otherwise, he is a very quiet dog. No shepherd whine hah
I have also heard that they are less prone to anxiety issues that some GSDs can have. They are described as more level headed .
I wouldn't trade my GSDs for the world and will continue to own the breed, but I am excited to have a dog as wonderful as the GSD without some of their major "cons".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.