German Shepherds Forum banner

Please welcome "Ryker"

8K views 68 replies 19 participants last post by  squerly 
#1 ·
We brought him home last night. Lucky for us (and Ryker as well) the breeder was on business and driving withing 100 miles of our home so we drove out and met him (and his wife) as they drove by. So here he is, his first day at his new home. He is settling in quite well, gets along great with Rex and Rex is getting along great with Ryker. It's always a little scary bringing in a small addition when there are already large dogs living in the house. But we introduced them slowly and it worked out just fine. I think they're going to be best buds!

See less See more
#6 ·
Yeah, I imagine Rex looks pretty big from way down there. :)

Took a quick run down to the middle field to give Rex some exercise. Ryker realized quickly that his short little legs were going to be a problem so he found a safe place to watch the action from.

#26 ·
The world according to Ryker:

Today was "puppy socialization day". That's where Mom and Dad take me for a ride and stop lots of places. First stop, the vets office to weigh in and let all the associates pet me. I'm a 23.6 lb pup today! Then down the street to hang out with a bunch of other doggies at my vets socialization center. Lots of other dogs to play with and I got to bark at a few. Next stop, Tractor supply where I met some chicks, ducks and saw stuff I’ve never seen before. Lots of new smells and lots of people who kept petting and playing with me.

Now I’m back home and going to take a nap. I think I did good today, didn’t knock anything over and didn’t pee or poop on anyone’s floor. Life’s good sometimes…

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.