Canis aquaticus

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  GandalfTheShepherd 
#1 ·
Inga- 8 months old

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Inga at 6 weeks little baby dog

She was the size of a loaf of bread. Each floor tile is a square foot.

Attachments

#8 ·
That magical bluegreen water is one of the jewel pools of the Elk River of Oregon. Wherever the sun shines on it and it is more than knee deep the water lights up like this. Here is an example. The rock in the picture is 2 or 3 stories tall. It is across the road from my place at the edge of a national forest. Inga loves to swim and brings back many sticks from this pool. What is an IG account?

Attachments

Reactions: RZZNSTR
#12 · (Edited)
Under each picture a National Geographic narration.

picture #1 - dog in pool

Narration --there is excitement in the air as the crew readys the transport vehicle. , The day has come , This fine specimen has fully recovered and is ready to go. The crew is eager to bring him to his home.

picture #2 - dog in gorgeous water

Narration --- and here is canis aquaticus successfully released in to his native habit .

picture #3 -- dog looking around

Narration -- canis aquaticus looks back one more time -- not quite believing he can go
yes CQ , go --- find your own kind -- go forth

picture #4 --- dog at a distance

Narration -- canis aquaticus has emerged from his watery den to say his good byes one last time before setting up home, He keeps his distance , happy in his new found aquatic freedom

picture #5 -- dog at staring at water

Narration --- ah yes, the work of a canis aquaticus rescue establishment never ceases . Here we have the new candidate ready for loving care so that he too can be returned to his natural world . Look how he yearns for his watery world . Soon C Q , soon.

LOL

what gorgeous pictures .
(by the way I do know there is only one C Q )

#16 · (Edited)
OMGosh. I did not intend for the whole thread to load. I was trying to post a link to the pictures on the Why a German Shepherd thread. That blue water is in Oregon. In Texas she swims in muddy cow tanks and creeks. Sight hounds never swim, mine didn't anyway. They would try, but they don't float well. The sink into an upright position because of their structure. Inga floats like a battleship.

Reactions: tim_s_adams
#19 ·
Mine is a fan too! I've never had a shepherd that didn't love the water. Ours will swim almost year round in Florida

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.