German Shepherds Forum banner

Here he is......

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  RZZNSTR 
#1 ·
Here is our new little guy. He is only six weeks, so he actually won't be ours for another couple of weeks! I have to say I am nervous and will have a ton of questions, because although we have had dogs for our entire married life, we have not had a puppy for 22 years (both our GSD's were rescues and a bit older).

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nervous is probably the wrong word! Excited is better. He is starting off at 6 lbs (hopefully a little bigger by the time he comes home). Our first GSD (rescue) came to us at 65 lbs (way underweight for his size). Considering that we had to train a 1.5 year old 65 pounder I am not intimidated by our little guy just need to brush up on the puppy stuff!

So question - our little guy is from a big litter so he seems to be getting a smaller start to life but his sire and dam are both a good size. How quickly did your pups grow? 8 wk weight vs. say 16 wk weight and 1 year weight?

Can't wait to officially introduce him to everyone!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.