German Shepherds Forum banner

Kylo Ren - Sable Shepherd?

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Casto 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone! I'm new. I recently adopted a "Shepherd X" from a rescue. I am not entirely convinced she is a cross. I did some reading about sable shepherds and I believe she may be one. I just wanted to post some pictures and get an idea from some other owners! In the bab picture she is only 3 months old and in the bigger pictures (current) she is 5 months. She is roughly 50lbs currently.

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a purebred shepherd to me, and yes a lovely sable!

Reactions: Susan_GSD_mom
#10 ·
Yes unfortunately she did. She was rescued at 2 months. They found her on a reserve in northern Manitoba at a dump with an unrelated pup. Both of them were horribly sick with a cough which was original diagnosed as kennel cough. After 3 rounds of antibiotics and 2 rounds of deworming (for possible lung worm), the cough remained. We finally had her put under for a lung scope approximately 3 weeks ago now. It turned out she and the other dog as well contracted stenotrophomonas maltophilia, a rare bacteria from contaminated water that was antibiotic resistant. We finally got the appropriate medication and she seems to be doing much better, the other pup is still sick and went on for another month. The Rescue is unsure if they contracted it at the dump or at the foster home. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.