German Shepherds Forum banner

Staycation Pictures

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  RZZNSTR 
#1 · (Edited)
I take my vacation pretty much the same time every year and I always stay home and just relax. My nieces and nephew came over for a few days. The dogs have not seen them since December, there was some happy pups. I was completely amazed and beyond thrilled on Apollos reaction to the kids. Besides Charlie(the Beagle) that is still here, Apollo has had no where near the same exposure to kids as the other dogs. He followed them everywhere and was nothing short of amazing with them. He is right up there with Midnite when it comes to kids. The weather was hot, a couple storms, but we had fun. I didn't get any pictures of Brennan and Batman with the kids--they didn't sit still long enough.

Apollo watching the kids outside

Misty-this is the dog that really doesn't seek out attention, but she was all for cuddles with the kids

Apollo making sure all is well in the pool

Midnite jumping in with the kids

Midnite swimming with the kids

My new swinging chair, which Apollo had to work to get his ball

Midnite playing keep away

Apollo willing me to throw his ball

Apollo just waiting for the kids to come in

Apollo got tired of waiting so he opened the blinds to see where they were

Charlie--he won't go in the pool but he will stand at the top of the stairs

Misty giving kisses

Tannor made a good pillow

Bonfire time

Midnite getting belly rubs

They spent some time with Robyn, but she is still recovering, but happy to see the kids

Charlie loves kids

Tannor and Charlie toad hunting

Midnite with one of his favorite people

Thanks for looking:grin2:

See less See more
#2 ·
That's my kind of vacation! I loved seeing the kids with the dogs ... so sweet. It looks like yours are very gentle with them.

Varik loves the grandkids (step, which means he still hasn't been exposed to babies), but he is still too ... boisterous? in their face? ... and I have to keep reminding him of manners.

Love your yard!

#4 · (Edited)
Thank you. These dogs can be trusted with the kids 1000% and I love it. It's sad when the kids leave because the dogs look for them. The kids were not sure with Apollo because they don't really know him but he took it upon himself to show them he is ok. He is a very active dog and loves his ball. He actually drops the ball at their feet and backs up so they know its ok to grab it, they loved that he did this and I love that I didnt have to train him to do it.

I also like my son to see how the interact with kids, because I want them to be around my future grandkids. They are going to love having a little one around.

#5 ·
These are the things that are most precious to me. I know they aren't professional pictures but I love them regardless:smile2:

#7 ·
Ok, those pictures convince me. Time to book a staycation. Reservations desk please. Lol

What a way to treat yourself. I can see sitting back in a chair with a glass of iced tea and just watching all the interaction. It just doesn't get any better than that. Thanks for sharing

#11 ·
Yes he is still here. It's not easy and I will not ever have him with Apollo or Midnite. Robyn is injured so he has been out with her because she can't move to fast..LOL. He actually hangs out with Charlie(the beagle) and Brennan--those three do well together. I just try to divide up the time they get out and about evenly--I'm still fine tuning that schedule. Today they spent some time outside, tomorrow they will be out and about in the house and the GSDs will be put away.

Reactions: Susan_GSD_mom
#20 ·
Apollo is actually pretty thin. He weighs about 72 pounds and Midnite stays around 85 give or take. Apollo is a pretty powerful dog for his size.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.