German Shepherds Forum banner

Newborn Sable: Dark?

16K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  4legsoffun 
#1 ·
We have pick of the litter and picked out a darker colored male, the litter is part solid black and part sable, this being one of the 3 sables.

He is darker than the other sable pups but still you can tell he is not solid black...anyone have input on what his coat color will likely be?

He is the darker of the two in the photos below. These are current one week old photos.

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
Ah!! That's interesting! I've always wondered! When I got Jade, I told the breeder I wanted either sable or black and tan since she had 1 female of each in that litter. I really wanted sable, but when it came down to the final decision, the black and tan better matched my needs. I'm happy and I still drool over sables. :grin2:

#9 ·
I have removed all of the bickering and OT comments. The OP asked a simple question. Answer the question or move on please.

ADMIN Lisa

#11 ·
Thanks all,

I will keep updating as he matures if this is the pup we end up with...

If its true that the color they are born with is what they will "grow" into he should be pretty dark or black sable.

Hard to tell what his undercoat will be..maybe reddish?

#15 ·
A few updated pics of the two males in the litter.

looks like one dark sable and one red sable .

And one of pops,

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.