German Shepherds Forum banner

New Babies in the House!

662 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  RZZNSTR 
#1 ·
A couple of weeks ago, we brought home our 2 new pups. Max and Isabella were born on March 19. We anxiously awaited until they were 8 weeks old and ready to leave Mom and Dad.

They've been home a couple of weeks and are doing great.

BTW, we have absolutely NO intention of breeding. We'll consult our vet about preventing this as the pups get a little older.

We've always had 2 GSD's, all of them rescues except one, over the past 25 years. We adopted Thor from our local Humane Society, with the full knowledge that he had severe back and hip problems. We had hoped to have about a year with him, but that wasn't meant to be. In February, Thor developed horrible pain which no medication would help; when he got to the point that he cried every time he moved, we knew he had no quality of life. We had no choice but to him put to sleep.

I'm a disabled vet. I had hoped that I could find a good, healthy, GSD puppy, with the right temperament to eventually go through training to be a service dog for me. We talked with Max's and Isabella's breeder, met Mom and Dad, and decided that their pups would be a good fit for us.

Originally, we had decided on Isabella, but after talking and knowing that we'd get a second GSD, I called the breeder. Max was still available, so we decided to bring both home.

Isabella already had one ear up, with the other soon to be up. Max's ears finally came totally up a couple of days ago.

You spend a boatload of cash for neat doggie baby toys. They end up loving an empty root beer bottle the most! Luckily, we have the perfect doggie dig spot in our yard, which is much better than having them dig up the entire yard. They're noses are constantly muddy (as well as the rest of them). Hahaha

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Mudypoz
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.