German Shepherds Forum banner

Somebody is getting a B-A-T-H

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  RZZNSTR 
#1 ·

Mako in his happy place.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Yes. Lol.

He hasn't even begun to blow his under coat yet so after every few throws I let him cool off. He likes taking his ball with him to wallow but forgets to bring it back out. That's why we play with multiples ;)

Or maybe it is part of some cunning plan to aquire all of the balls - hide them someplace I won't venture!

#5 ·
True story. We've had high 80s for near 2 months now. My BF's gsd is done. My senior gsd mix is done blowing too.

Mako? Nope. I've moved the guard hairs aside and grabbed some under coat in my fingers and gave a pull. It's in there good still. Even the furminator comes up light.

#7 ·
Oh that's funny. I've been pretty lucky in that all my double coated dogs started and finished up about the same time. A drawn out shedding season like that sounds like it's own kind of furry fuzzy nightmare! Lol

I'm hoping he'll get on with it soon, but i have heard that some pups dont blow their first season after going from puppy coat to adult???

Meh. Triple digit days are going to be here soon. If he doesn't start up and let go of that fuzz, I'll have to bite the bullet and get a treadmill so he can exercise in the AC.

#8 ·
Furry fuzzy nightmare was an understatement. The dog that shed first carried LC as a recessive and he had a coat like a Malamute except his coat lay flat vs off standing. That alone could make one cry when he shed, then followed by the three others... it was a trying decade.

#15 ·
Yes.

I do my best to let him have his doggy time and let him do those dog things.

Mud can be hosed off. A little baking soda mixed with water deodorises fur very well between full baths.

I bought a 20 year old jeep for under a grand to be the dog mobile. I gutted the back to make it easily cleaned/cared for.

I bring a change of clothes. And plenty of towels. I too can be cleaned when he inevitably decides that I need to be in the "shake radius"

It's all worth it just to see how happy it makes him. Nothing better then that goofy gsd smile :)

#16 ·
Yes.

I do my best to let him have his doggy time and let him do those dog things.

Mud can be hosed off. A little baking soda mixed with water deodorises fur very well between full baths.

I bought a 20 year old jeep for under a grand to be the dog mobile. I gutted the back to make it easily cleaned/cared for.

I bring a change of clothes. And plenty of towels. I too can be cleaned when he inevitably decides that I need to be in the "shake radius"

It's all worth it just to see how happy it makes him. Nothing better then that goofy gsd smile :)
I tell people to never wear good clothes to my house.

In my world, clothes, dogs and floors wash. All is irrelevant as long as my dogs are happy. They don't understand our aversion to having doggy muck flung at us.
Sabi used to look at me with an evil grin and smack her big feet in muddy puddles. I could use Bud as a sprinkler if I startle him while drinking and Shadow likes to hug me.
I tell the dogs often that they are the reason I can't have nice things, but the truth is that there is nothing material that I would trade for their love.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.