German Shepherds Forum banner

Kit Kat 5.5 months - Lure Coursing Fun Run

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Squeetie 
#1 ·
5.5 month old Kit Kat had her Lure Coursing debut with a very short fun run this past weekend. She took right to it and chased those plastic bag bunnies! We had her watch a few dogs running their CATs beforehand and you could tell after the 2nd or 3rd she got the idea - she started pulling towards the "bunnies" when they went by, so I had high hopes for her to chase them when it was her turn for a fun run and she did not disappoint!!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks, guys! Kit Kat had a great time and I can't wait to go back out again with her. I was very pleased she chased the lure so readily - sometimes it takes even sight hounds a time or two to get the game! Unfortunately, it's like 3.5 months until the next one, but coursing in the summer is not a good idea here. Besides, I don't want her to do too much fast running while she's still a baby.

And thank you - I think she's quite pretty, too. But I'm not bias or anything! :wub: lol

#6 ·
Here's a cool shot of Kit Kat's daddy running the full course over the weekend! They got to meet briefly and I think he was quite taken with his little nugget, who wanted nothing more than to turn into a wiggle worm and jump on his head! :laugh:

Attachments

Reactions: RZZNSTR
#9 ·
Thanks! Yes, the ride home was very nice. I wish we lived closer so we could've benefited from the calmness for a bit after we got home! She was ready to gogogo again when we made it back to the house. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.