German Shepherds Forum banner

Sable color change

6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  RZZNSTR 
#1 ·

Who wants to play another round of 'Guess That Sable Color!!' ?

I know it's based on the pedigree and the genetics of parents, But I'm curious and looking for opinions.

See less See more
#5 ·
Very nice looking pup! Both mine fooled me and ended up darker than I thought they would. Kavai did not stop changing until she was two years old and beya keeps getting darker. Have fun with your little one and take lots of pictures, you will be amazed the changes.

#7 ·
do you have any photos around 10 days old? those, in my experience, can give you the best idea of color as an adult. Of course, they also get lighter and darker with the seasons.
How old in these photos? Singe went completely blonde before getting his adult coat in

#8 ·
These pics were taken at 8 weeks. There aren't alot of pics from the breeder when he was much younger. I think he'll be a light sable. He has no toe stenciling and has a very light colored belt that goes under his throat. I'd have liked a black sable, but there's always next time!

#9 ·
Definitely don't think he will be light, but not black either.. Probably a medium to medium dark sable on back, legs will be brown/red no black... Beautiful either way although I too appreciate the black sales especially if red hues are present.. Nice pup for sure, enjoy :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.