German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/)
-   -   New Rescue Pup (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/483185-new-rescue-pup.html)

Girl_Loves_Hydraulics 08-26-2014 01:04 PM

New Rescue Pup

3 Attachment(s)
WELL some almost tragic circumstances for this pup. Took her in last week as a foster, but we have since decided to just take her permanently since Lena has bonded with her. She is as far as we know, a purebred GSD. Her mother was owned by an elderly hispanic gentlemen down river from us who was about to surrender her and her mother. Her mother unfortunately was not a very well socialized dog, but I heard she was going to a special home. Since my cousin is starting her own rescue (will post more information, but basically it's an organization that helps out Hispanic/Latino persons who have issues with language barriers and such in regards to surrendering or assistance with their pets), she asked me if I would help her on this one. Health check came back good, but we are keeping an eye on her. Just a couple of pictures her name is Della :)

EDITED TO ADD: I definitely now see why there are so many discussions on the breed standard. I will post better pictures, but Della I believe is more of the "breed standard" while Lena is obviously quite larger.

Maxil 08-26-2014 03:34 PM

Would love to see more pics of that beauty! Can't see him well in most pics D:

Girl_Loves_Hydraulics 08-26-2014 03:59 PM

I am going to try to have some more. Would be better, but I totally despise PhotoBucket lol so I end up having to attach the pictures instead of directly inserting them into the post itself.

Ashley_M 08-26-2014 05:32 PM

What a cutie!

Shade 08-26-2014 07:57 PM

Adorable! :wub:

Girl_Loves_Hydraulics 08-27-2014 10:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's some more of Della when she's actually awake lol...We did manage to find some wishy washy papers on her, though that is unimportant to me...

LoveEcho 08-27-2014 10:44 AM

That face! :wub:

GSDlover143 08-27-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl_Loves_Hydraulics (Post 5951178)
Here's some more of Della when she's actually awake lol...We did manage to find some wishy washy papers on her, though that is unimportant to me...

She is a beautiful GSD 💕 Cant wait to see her grow up.

Alice13 08-27-2014 11:01 AM

Della is adorable

Girl_Loves_Hydraulics 08-27-2014 11:04 AM

Yes she is settling in quite nicely. She was living in a backyard for pretty much since she was born. It's been a little slow on the potty training, but the good thing is she is shadowing Lena somewhat right now. She is starting to pick up on Lena's good (and probably a few bad) habits. The pee pee accidents are becoming less frequent lol.