High flying dogs! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2014, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default High flying dogs!

I took pictures of my dogs one of our last outings with the frisbee. It is a challenge to throw it and take pictures at the same time lol. They're cell phone pictures too that aren't the very best, but it is fun to share! One day I will get a nice camera... one day.

Colie CVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 02:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

My favorite picture is the last one where everyone has a frisbee I loved the background in your pictures with the trees and just noticed you are from Boise. Boise is sooo beautiful. My son lives in North Boise.

Looks like very happy dogs!
Old 08-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

There's a church not too far from my house where they are okay with us letting our dogs offleash for playing fetch or frisbee as long as we clean up after them and avoid where they have events. It's nice in the summer because they have an irrigation ditch that is full of water. Plenty of trees, shade.

They were all happy to get to play. I try to throw one frisbee per dog but the puppy likes to follow the others and when I first toss, both my older dogs go after the frisbee too so it takes us a time or two before they figure it out.

Boise is beautiful! So many hidden great places in the city. Having the river that runs through town is really nice too. Very dog friendly city.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colie CVT View Post
There's a church not too far from my house where they are okay with us letting our dogs offleash for playing fetch or frisbee as long as we clean up after them and avoid where they have events. It's nice in the summer because they have an irrigation ditch that is full of water. Plenty of trees, shade.

They were all happy to get to play. I try to throw one frisbee per dog but the puppy likes to follow the others and when I first toss, both my older dogs go after the frisbee too so it takes us a time or two before they figure it out.

Boise is beautiful! So many hidden great places in the city. Having the river that runs through town is really nice too. Very dog friendly city.
Totally agree
Old 08-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Cool! Unfortunately Vicky is still young to do so that she can hardly catch it before it touches the ground, but never gives it back..
How did you teach them to get the stuff you throw back to you

"Vicky" 11/4/2014 (how to live without her?)
Maxil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

With my golden, I taught him when he was really young as part of a recall game. I would toss a rope toy then ask him to bring it to mommy, while scooting backward and clapping. Leia and Doyle have learned through watching the other dogs who play fetch. The game is more fun when the toy can be thrown. Having multiple toys to distract them with another helps too.

Young dogs are pretty impressionable when it comes to their elders lol. Doyle has learned how to fetch, swim and play frisbee from my older dogs. It also helps that I played it with him in the house too. Not as many places to go lol. For Doyle I also had him drag a leash for a time. If he tried to play keep away, I would step on it and call him back to me again. Only needed it for a few sessions.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Very cute pictures.
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

Thank you! Btw I have wanted to mention, I love the name of your collar business and that you have a dog named Fraggle. Totally loved Fraggle Rock as a kid.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colie CVT View Post
Thank you! Btw I have wanted to mention, I love the name of your collar business and that you have a dog named Fraggle. Totally loved Fraggle Rock as a kid.
Awh, thanks! Ironically, I had no idea what Fraggle Rock *was* when I named the shop. Frag was named after the frag grenade!
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Member

That is something that I wouldn't have known about lol. Always can learn something new every day! My roommate nicknamed his Afghan the Fraggle because living with him is a lot like living with a muppet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.