I can't believe I've never posted Beowulf's puppy pictures on here! (non-GSD) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default I can't believe I've never posted Beowulf's puppy pictures on here! (non-GSD)

I've searched through all of my old threads and can't find any, so here they are:

Sir BEOWULF the Brave {male Siberian Husky | Wolf}
counter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

I love the first pic.. His legs lol so cute
Old 07-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Beowulf was a pup we rescued at 14 weeks old. He was abused, beaten and starved from the time he was purchased until he came into my life. When I first met him, he ran over to me, rolled onto his back submissively and peed all over his own belly. He did this many times those first few days. I took care of him like a newborn child, helping him feel safe and teaching him that not all humans are bad. The original owners wanted him to become their aggressive junkyard dog to guard their business, but their methods had the reverse effect and Beowulf would just hide and not come out at all. I'm glad I got him at a young age to start giving him as much love as possible.

But yeah, those first pics up until the prairie ones clearly show how scared and sad he was. He slowly came out of his shell, but even today any sudden sound or movement grabs his attention and makes him obviously uncomfortable. He's very skittish, and cannot go for walks on a leash because all he wants to do is return home as soon as possible to the point that he will freeze and not budge. Poor guy. I've always said that I feel he thinks I'm taking him away from our house to return him back to that junkyard and drop him off with those terrible people who bought him originally. Who buys dogs to beat them? I just don't understand humanity.

Beowulf knows I'm his guardian angel and will never leave his side until his last breath.

The fact that he survived such hardship early on in his life is why I gave him his full name, Sir Beowulf the Brave, somewhat knighting him with majestic royalty for his trials and tribulations, and also paying tribute to Monty Python and the Holy Grail (at least that's what his name reminds me of).
Sir BEOWULF the Brave {male Siberian Husky | Wolf}

Last edited by counter; 07-22-2014 at 08:06 PM.
counter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 08:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

You both are lucky to find each other.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Oh thank goodness he got you! How awful for that sweet pup having such a rotten start. He is absolutely beautiful. People like you really warm my heart.
CindyMDBecker is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

He has a sadness in his eyes,
But I bet a heart of love for you and your family.
AKIRA3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just wondering how much wolf in Beowulf ?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter View Post
Beowulf was a pup we rescued at 14 weeks old. He was abused, beaten and starved from the time he was purchased until he came into my life. When I first met him, he ran over to me, rolled onto his back submissively and peed all over his own belly. He did this many times those first few days. I took care of him like a newborn child, helping him feel safe and teaching him that not all humans are bad. The original owners wanted him to become their aggressive junkyard dog to guard their business, but their methods had the reverse effect and Beowulf would just hide and not come out at all. I'm glad I got him at a young age to start giving him as much love as possible.
My last wolfdog was a rescue, he had been beaten and abused from puppyhood by the boyfriend of the girl who had him, again the jerk thought he would make him a "macho" wolf. The girl's mother took him out of there and posted him online in a wolfdog forum, and I got him when he was 18 mos. old. He was 30 in. tall, nearly all legs, and when I took him out of his crate at the freight office after his 10-hour flight, the first thing he did was gently rise on his hind legs, put his front feet on my shoulders, and wash my whole face with his tongue. He fit right in at home with another wolfdog and a GSD, but it took a good 6 months before he stopped cringing when someone would raise their arms for any reason. It was rewarding to watch him blossom with confidence in time, and he realized he was HOME and safe. He slept on my bed from the day he arrived until his death.

Susan
Susan_GSD_mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

What is his content? He looks like a nice low to me.
glowingtoadfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Oh my, he is irresistible! My wolf-mix (so they said) was white like Beowulf. She was my first dog, as an adult. I have huge soft spot for them. You are an angel for taking such good care of him.
Natasha - Akita RIP
Cody - Wolf-mix RIP
Atika is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.