German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/)
-   -   We are new here :) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/467353-we-new-here.html)

Coley 07-05-2014 05:03 PM

We are new here :)

1 Attachment(s)
Hi I'm Coley and this is Goose (Gustav)
He is 8 weeks old and I am a first time GSD owner :)

Coley 07-05-2014 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am not sure what color he would be categorized if anyone can tell by the pictures? (Please excuse my ignorance, I promise I am trying to learn as much as I can about my little guy)

SuperG 07-05-2014 05:08 PM

Welcome !!

That picture of Goose makes him look as innocent as the day is long.....these GSDs sure can be actors.

Enjoy every moment of their puppyhood as I'm sure you are. So many things which you do today and during the next few months will make a huge difference in the development of Gustav....take advantage and you will be blown away at what an incredible companion Das Gansmeister becomes.

Oh....impressive....that young and his ears are up and looking great,

Cheers to the new pup,

SuperG

Jelpy 07-05-2014 05:50 PM

That picture made me laugh....the coy expression....the 'butter wouldn't melt in my mouth" look. Oh you are in for a lively time. He looks like a black and brown with a blanket from what I can see. Oh yeah... and them ears. ROFL

More pictures, please.

Jelpy

Coley 07-05-2014 06:11 PM

Haha thank you guys! He sure is a sweetie. I already have him giving me paw and we are learning how to sit now! He is such a love. The potty training is funny I walk him outside and he runs and pees when I walk in the door lol. We will get there though! And his ears yes! I get that a lot haha I love them but hear that they can go down when teething so I am not getting used to them being up :)

Coley 07-05-2014 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another picture of him. He looks big for 8 weeks to me but he's "only" 13.2lbs and I've seen some on here saying theirs was close to 18lbs at that age so maybe he's small? Lol

Alice13 07-05-2014 06:46 PM

Welcome. He is so cute

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Zeeva 07-05-2014 06:48 PM

Hi Coley hi Goose :::waves:::

Pretty Goose. I'm also impressed with the ears ;)

counter 07-05-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coley (Post 5734281)
Here is another picture of him. He looks big for 8 weeks to me but he's "only" 13.2lbs and I've seen some on here saying theirs was close to 18lbs at that age so maybe he's small? Lol

You'll never really know until he is fully grown. Weight has been removed from most of the breed standards, as height seems to be a better way to designate within/under/over breed standard. A dog can be over or underweight, based on diet and exercise. So many people seem to worry if their dog is small, while others desire a BIG (aka oversized and outside of the breed standard) dog. Here is a reminder, to include the old weight standard, of a fully grown GSD:

Quote:

The German Shepherd Dog is a medium-size, slightly stretched, strong, and well muscled, with the “bone” dry and firm in the over-all construction.

Males:
  • Height at the wither 60 cm to 65 cm (23.62 inches - 25.59 inches)
  • Weight 30 kg to 40 kg. (66.14 pounds - 88.18 pounds; Midrange = 77 pounds

Hope that helps! Pup is cute. I\'m jealous. Haha! And welcome to this wonderful website.

steve-sh 07-05-2014 06:55 PM

hes really so cute, but now im jealous a little bit, i also have a puppy shes kinda 7 weeks old, and her ears arent up yet.and i think shes a bit fat around the stomach im not sure shes my first puppy