Video: Chief and I doing Obedience - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default Video: Chief and I doing Obedience

Video taken today of Chief and I doing some obedience. If you dont know his story here is just a little of it. When I got him I could literally do no training... none. He would completely shut down, shake, and pee on himself. There was not specific trigger of when it would happen so it made it even more hard to try and correct. Not a perfect video we still have work but he has come such a long long way and I just recently taught him the through the legs trick hes loving it. He actually has fun training now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd89xJcp8f4

Chief-GSD
frillint1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2014, 03:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

That was fun to watch! More importantly, Chief was having fun. What a difference from when you first got him - kudos to you for all you have achieved with him.

Super nice tricks, you have a very accomplished dog. :P

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Thank You so much! I really appreciate the compliment. Now I know the tricks are not as impressive or outstanding as other peoples GSDs, but I can't believe the change in him. We both have fun now. Before it was so frustrating and I didn't think I would ever be able to do anything with him, but he seems to always prove me wrong

Chief-GSD
Old 06-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Chief is really a happy boy!!! You have done wonders with him.

URO3,UCD Aleshanee Windridge "Kayos" CD,TDX,RE,CGC,HIC,TC (1/03)
UAG1,UNC1,URO3,UCD Xtra!Xtra! V. TeMar "Havoc" CDX,GN,RE,CGC,HIC,TC,BH (6/07)
UAG1,URO1 Tidmore's Rising Star Lydia "Mayhem" BN,NA,RN,HT,CGC, (4/12)

Lucky, Wolf, Max
Kayos and Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

Loved it! It is so nice to see a dog having fun, and not just going through the motions. Good job!

Carly ~ AKC Ch, GCh pointed, HIC
Sage ~ AKC Ch pointed (13 pts - chasing that last major), HIC
Russell ~ future show dog
Zelda ~ 14 yo puppymill rescue Italian Greyhound
dogfaeries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Excellent -- there is a nice connection between you and the dog . I think as long as you build the relationship part of the training (keep doing what you are doing!) you can go far .
Training out of the box .
Very nice to see this.

Carmspack
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frillint1 View Post
Thank You so much! I really appreciate the compliment. Now I know the tricks are not as impressive or outstanding as other peoples GSDs, but I can't believe the change in him. We both have fun now. Before it was so frustrating and I didn't think I would ever be able to do anything with him, but he seems to always prove me wrong

Don't judge your dog based on others dogs. You have done an amazing job with this boy. Most would have given in to the frustration. No matter the outcome, it's the journey we remember. Personally, I find the difficult dogs the most rewarding, they make me a better person and a stronger trainer. Be proud of your accomplishments, don't negate them.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 06-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

Yes, it makes me so happy to see his tail wagging during the training instead of as far opposite as you can possibly get. He would hide half under the bed and shake. I have watched the video many times haven't actually seen myself with him and I really love seeing how happy he looks to. I still cant believe it.

Right now im try to get him to go through my legs from the front. Not sure it will be the weave like most do. Kinda making up my own thing lol. He having fun with it so thats what matters.

Chief-GSD
Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdsar View Post
Don't judge your dog based on others dogs. You have done an amazing job with this boy. Most would have given in to the frustration. No matter the outcome, it's the journey we remember. Personally, I find the difficult dogs the most rewarding, they make me a better person and a stronger trainer. Be proud of your accomplishments, don't negate them.

Thank you very much. I wish there was a word more than frustration, but it was really very tough I didn't think I could ever get past it and you are right I do find it much more rewarding. I have learned so much with him I can't even describe. Hes taught me patience, trusting him, and that hes his own dog and so much more. I had taught my dog Smokey(passed now) so many tricks and it was so easy he was quick and wanted to learn and would stop till he got it. I had him from a pup, so for the longest time I was comparing Chief to Smokey. Chief taught me to quit that and that he is his own dog and he is very smart he just learns different. Most important he taught me patience and also for me to have fun with it to. Its a game for us now. Doing whatever comes to mind. <3 His stuff isn't perfect but I couldn't have asked for a better dog. I am so happy I chose to get him instead of a puppy from a breeder which is what i was planning. I really appreciate your comment. I do tend to lessen what I do sometimes.

Chief-GSD
Old 07-01-2014, 12:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

He looks super happy and it looks like you're both having a lot of fun! Super work.

Boaz von der Quellwasser - little man in training!

http://vomfeuergarten.weebly.com/
GatorDog is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.