New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!

So I guess a little backstory on how we got this little guy. We had two dogs prior....one was definately a shepherd mix with something...and the other well...just a crazy mutt. He had a few VERY VERY faint shepherd traits...but was part junk yard dog, part who knows lol. Both were rescued so to speak from a shelter and a stray pup. Both were just puppies when we got them. The black one was Sadie, and the crazy brown one was Pudge. Great dogs all the way to the end. Pudge suddenly went into liver failure. He was on meds for anxiety and allergies for a few years. Said it was a side effect. So we lost him a few weeks ago. In the meantime Sadie was taking a turn for the worse. Her back hips were shot...front shoulder shot, and had to be carried up and down steps. I knew it was days, so I responded to a craigslist ad and picked up Duke. Our new shepherd. I texted a picture with him in my car on my way home from work and that is how I let my wife know we have a new member in the family. It was bittersweet since Pudge was gone. Sadie quickly got to the point she couldn't squat to pee anymore and refused to eat. We lost her two weeks ago.....now its just us and the new guy. The previous owner said she thought he was half shepherd and half malamute. All I see is shepherd...any opinions? He is 6/7 months old in these pics. Either way we love him to death already. He is great with the kids and a cuddler
Attached Thumbnails
New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-11334.jpg   New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-duke.jpg   New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-duke4.jpg   New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-duke2.jpg   New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-duke3.jpg  

New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-duke5.jpg  
planebldr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2014, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

The GSD really looks GSD and very goood looking!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
misslesleedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2014, 12:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Congrats on your new family member. Looks all GSD to me.

Have fun!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 06-22-2014, 12:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm sorry for your loss! I just lost my GSD last month, so I know what you're going through and how empty the house feels without him/her to greet you. Congratulations on your new buddy! He sure looks pure GSD to me!
HappyFurKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2014, 04:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Welcome!

I see nothing but GSD there... What kind of planes do you build?
Old 06-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Losing those two was probably one of the hardest things that I had to go through.....they were also symbolic in the fact they were adopted right when me and my wife started our life together. That being said....adopting this little spaz named Duke was a great point in our lives

What kind of planes do I build.....hmmmm well when at home I build R/C airplanes. At work, I work at Gulfstream and install interiors/sheetmetal work on G450's, G550's, and G650's. I know I know....I'm some kind of crazy building planes for a living....just to come home and build little ones lol.
Attached Thumbnails
New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-unnamed.jpg   New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-1112.jpg   New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!-elite-daily-gulfstream-g650-485x255.jpg  
Old 06-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Wow. He sure is handsome. He looks all GSD to me, but that's just my opinion
scout172 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You 'd get along awesome with my 10 year old son. All he wants to draw is planes, since he was 4.

Anyway your dog, he looks just like my Otto only a little lighter. Otto's all DDR shepherd (east german). The reverse mask - the red/tan nose opposed to black is common in the dogs of east decent.

Otto, loves bread too...

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
SunCzarina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

That's how I started out....drawing pictures then building plastic models. Having a grandfather who was a B29 mechanic and a dad who loved aircraft had nothing to do with it Living within an hour of the EAA airshow didn't help much either. Went to tech school and got my Airframe and Powerplant mechanic license....rest is history.

Is it common for GSD's to bat you or use their paws ALOT lol. Sadie would only pull your hand back to keep scratching her belly....this guy hits you, pulls you, does alot with them. Never had or been around a dog that was like this lol.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Looks all GSD to me, too. Gorgeous boy! LOL about the batting. My one female GSD swat's my husband's face every morning to wake him up, 5:30 a.m. sharp! And she will not stop swatting him until he gets up. Glad it's him and not me LOL!
Ali B. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.