German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/)
-   -   New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/pictures-pictures-pictures/463001-new-here-not-sure-if-our-new-guy-purebread-but-we-love-him-either-way.html)

planebldr 06-21-2014 11:09 PM

New here...not sure if our new guy is purebread, but we love him either way!

6 Attachment(s)
So I guess a little backstory on how we got this little guy. We had two dogs prior....one was definately a shepherd mix with something...and the other well...just a crazy mutt. He had a few VERY VERY faint shepherd traits...but was part junk yard dog, part who knows lol. Both were rescued so to speak from a shelter and a stray pup. Both were just puppies when we got them. The black one was Sadie, and the crazy brown one was Pudge. Great dogs all the way to the end. Pudge suddenly went into liver failure. He was on meds for anxiety and allergies for a few years. Said it was a side effect. So we lost him a few weeks ago. In the meantime Sadie was taking a turn for the worse. Her back hips were shot...front shoulder shot, and had to be carried up and down steps. I knew it was days, so I responded to a craigslist ad and picked up Duke. Our new shepherd. I texted a picture with him in my car on my way home from work and that is how I let my wife know we have a new member in the family. It was bittersweet since Pudge was gone. Sadie quickly got to the point she couldn't squat to pee anymore and refused to eat. We lost her two weeks ago.....now its just us and the new guy. The previous owner said she thought he was half shepherd and half malamute. All I see is shepherd...any opinions? He is 6/7 months old in these pics. Either way we love him to death already. He is great with the kids and a cuddler :)

misslesleedavis1 06-21-2014 11:12 PM

The GSD really looks GSD and very goood looking!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

gsdsar 06-22-2014 12:40 AM

Congrats on your new family member. Looks all GSD to me.

Have fun!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

HappyFurKid 06-22-2014 12:52 AM

I'm sorry for your loss! I just lost my GSD last month, so I know what you're going through and how empty the house feels without him/her to greet you. Congratulations on your new buddy! He sure looks pure GSD to me!

Sunflowers 06-22-2014 04:30 AM

Welcome!

I see nothing but GSD there... What kind of planes do you build?

planebldr 06-22-2014 09:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Losing those two was probably one of the hardest things that I had to go through.....they were also symbolic in the fact they were adopted right when me and my wife started our life together. That being said....adopting this little spaz named Duke was a great point in our lives :)

What kind of planes do I build.....hmmmm well when at home I build R/C airplanes. At work, I work at Gulfstream and install interiors/sheetmetal work on G450's, G550's, and G650's. I know I know....I'm some kind of crazy building planes for a living....just to come home and build little ones lol.

scout172 06-22-2014 10:44 AM

Wow. He sure is handsome. He looks all GSD to me, but that's just my opinion

SunCzarina 06-22-2014 10:45 AM

You 'd get along awesome with my 10 year old son. All he wants to draw is planes, since he was 4.

Anyway your dog, he looks just like my Otto only a little lighter. Otto's all DDR shepherd (east german). The reverse mask - the red/tan nose opposed to black is common in the dogs of east decent.

Otto, loves bread too...
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...14334759_n.jpg

planebldr 06-22-2014 03:09 PM

That's how I started out....drawing pictures then building plastic models. Having a grandfather who was a B29 mechanic and a dad who loved aircraft had nothing to do with it :) Living within an hour of the EAA airshow didn't help much either. Went to tech school and got my Airframe and Powerplant mechanic license....rest is history.

Is it common for GSD's to bat you or use their paws ALOT lol. Sadie would only pull your hand back to keep scratching her belly....this guy hits you, pulls you, does alot with them. Never had or been around a dog that was like this lol.

Ali B. 06-22-2014 03:37 PM

Looks all GSD to me, too. Gorgeous boy! LOL about the batting. My one female GSD swat's my husband's face every morning to wake him up, 5:30 a.m. sharp! And she will not stop swatting him until he gets up. Glad it's him and not me LOL!