German Shepherds Forum banner

Introducing...well I don't know yet, Aria perhaps?!?

3K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  Kayos and Havoc 
#1 ·
Omg I'm dying over here. I'm no good at waiting. She's 1 week old today, only 7+ more to go...this whole finding puppies before they are born makes for a long wait!!

See less See more
#5 ·
She's so tiny! The waiting is a killer! I had to wait 6 weeks for my Eden (found and picked her at 2 weeks) I could not wait to get her home! Best of luck to you and I can't wait to see more pics as she grows! :)

#6 ·
the Game of Thrones has some neat names that are becoming popular.....

She looks like a liver???? Cute puppy!

Lee

#9 ·
cute little furball.

Yeah, the wait is agonizing. But you have some time to catch ahead on sleep before the little arrives.

#17 ·
She is from a D litter...and to be honest, I've got no girly D names. So I'll probably just pick something I like
Daenerys
Delacour
Dinah
Drizella
Dicey
Deja
Dynasty
Daria
Dhalia
Danger
Diva
Dizzy
Damsel
Drusilla
Duchess
Devlin
Daisy
Daiquiri
Dreamer
Destiny
Demi
Danica
Dolcee
Drama
Devena
Dezzie
Devin
Disney
Divine

#21 ·
She is from a D litter...and to be honest, I've got no girly D names. So I'll probably just pick something I like
Yeah...

I once got a dog from a breeder who -- after I had bought him, brought him home, and named him -- called to tell me he was from an F litter and I had to name him something that started with a F.

I'd named him Stryker, with a Y, thought it was a **** cool name, and wasn't about to change it. I kind of got into it with the breeder on the phone, and she even suggested I bring the pup back.

Which didn't happen, although I did give in and register him as F-Stryker. He was a great dog though. We tell Stryker stories in the family to this day.

Oh, and I've never watched Game of Thrones either.

#32 ·
theme registrations are common in American Show line litters....

All European registries and breeders use the litter letter and kennel name to track their litters and breedings - If I see an older E---- Mohnwiese dog, I know it is by Tom and out of Aline Mohnwiese......if I see a B or C Wildhaus dog, I know it is from Ernst Weinbergblick and Ira Argatos and Chris is the breeder....if I see a pedigree with an N or P or Q Heiligenbrosch - I KNOW they are Half Rubachtal and Ina Haus Gard.....

You don't buy a Chevrolet - and then change your DMV registration to a Ford....it is what it is.

People can call dogs whatever they wish....Registered names are identifiers to the rest of the people who may know the breed as to who produced the dog and what it's lines are...

Using someone's kennel name randomly out of the pedigree is very very poor manners....I have seen people register their AKC puppy with the kennel names of Porhranici Straze, haus Antverpa and Tiekerhook - and then there is mass confusion, occasionally some anger!, and argument about the origin and quality of the dog....at this point, many breeders are moving to registering the whole litter in their own name and letting the new owners do a transfer instead of handing out applications.

Lee

#29 ·
All bit one of mine are called by their registers name, or a shortened version of it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.