German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (
-   Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! (
-   -   In a bit of a pickle and need some advice badly... (

Madisonmj97 06-17-2014 03:16 PM

In a bit of a pickle and need some advice badly...
1 Attachment(s)
Okay so, I go on Craigslist about 2 weeks ago and see my old dog Bear on there and the ppl who have him are wanting to give him away due to his aggressiveness. You see I never gave bear away, my ex took him back to the pound without me knowing and I was heartbroken. He's a great dog, just doenst like other animals or children and is IMO a bit racist... But I was very attached to Bear. So I was shocked to see him on Craigslist so I messaged them asking if they still had him and they never responded so I figured they'd already found him a home.. So I talk to a breeder that had some GSD pups and went to see them the other day and found one I liked and put a deposit down on him. And today I check my email and the owner of bear finally emailed me back and asked if I wanted to see him and that they still had him. So idk what to do! Just some feedback would be nice. I wanted another GSD puppy but I loved Bear a ton and I wish I could have both but that could not be possible for me... Attachment 217770

Madisonmj97 06-17-2014 03:18 PM

This is him on Craigslist
1 Attachment(s)

Zeeva 06-17-2014 03:19 PM

Take Bear. He is less likely to find a decent home than a puppy. See if you can get your deposit back from the breeder.

LaRen616 06-17-2014 03:21 PM

Take Bear. The bond is already there and he needs you. You can easily find a home for a puppy or return it to the breeder.

Shade 06-17-2014 03:25 PM

I agree with taking Bear rather then the pup, you already know him and he's in a greater need of a home then the pup is

HarleyTheGSD 06-17-2014 03:26 PM

I agree. I understand that you want a new puppy, but Bear needs you more than they do. Puppies have a good chance of finding homes, while adult dogs sometimes have a difficult time.

Gretchen 06-17-2014 03:27 PM

You have to live with the consequences of either choice, only you can make this decision.

ZoeD1217 06-17-2014 03:31 PM

If it were me I'd take Bear back. On CL is not a good place for him. Maybe some day down the road you will be able to get a puppy. I'd have a hard time turning my back on an old friend.

Sent from Free App

Madisonmj97 06-17-2014 03:31 PM

I already paid 250 on the puppy in cash... And the live 2 hours away. I mean id love to have bear I just don't know if 3 dogs are a good idea. Bear is a pretty laid back dog, but I have a 5 month old pup now and another puppy plus bear would be a lotttt of work. Would it be terrible to give Heinz away to a good home? And take in bear and the new pup? Idk what to do.

Ali B. 06-17-2014 03:32 PM

I wouldn't have to think twice. I would take Bear. You can always get a pup down the road one day. Did you check to see if you can get your deposit back?

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome