German Shepherds Forum banner

Ava, the baby whisperer

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  breyer08 
#1 ·
We just brought home our daughter Rosalie from the hospital last Wednesday, and although we were always confident that Ava would be a good big sister, she has truly surpassed our expectations right away. Ava is very protective of and concerned about her little sister; whenever Rosalie cries, Ava runs to check on her. If she coughs, Ava immediately nudges her cheek gently to make sure she's okay. We've noticed that Rosalie seems to like Ava, too. A couple of days ago we let Ava "hold" her for the first time, and Rosalie calmed down immediately!

Last night, after several hours of nonstop feeding and fussing, I placed the baby next to Ava on the bed, and she fell asleep right away! I don't know what kind of magic power Ava has, but I sure do hope it continues!!! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Dogs do have magical properties ;):D Congratulations, your daughter is precious and what a blessed start to life with a GSD looking out for her :)

#4 ·
Awe, that brings back fond memories of my GSD when I first brought my daughter home. Wonderful pictures, your daughter is beautiful! And your pup ain't bad either!!!

#7 ·
Ava is definitely found her true caling "big sister". Both your girls are adorable. Nice seeing the next generation of GSD lovers.Congratulations !

#10 ·
We need more pictures like those...........With all the tragic events occurring almost daily....it is nice to see a picture that warms our hearts..........

Thanks for sharing!

#11 ·
that's for sure, and good stories are more abundant that people realize!

PS, Beautiful daughter! Love her name.

#13 ·
Thanks so much, everyone! We are truly fortunate to have Ava in our lives, and for her to have adopted our baby as a member of her pack instantly upon meeting her just shows the beautiful side of the GSD. We are very much looking forward to watching our girls grow up together!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.