Would you please check my new German Shepherd? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Castlemaid...BY the way, those pictures, approximately, were taken 2 weeks ago.
Salar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2014, 11:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yes around 5 weeks..pure sable too me!!
kelli mims is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2014, 12:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Knighted Member

He looks purebred to me but no way to know for sure without registration paperwork and pedigree information, and his colour would be "sable".

If you are new to the breed, you should start doing some research! Good luck!
The German Shepherd Dog - German Shepherd Guide

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."

www.germanshepherdguide.com
Wild Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2014, 01:29 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salar View Post
The seller told me his age, and i dont have a good experince in raising them , for that i needed your comments. Thanks indeed and i will be very thankful for any extra remarks on him.
What do you know? Why did you get him? Has he seen a vet?

I'm not being rude at all, I just need to know if you need the full 'raising a puppy 101' or have you had dogs before?

First get him to a vet for a check up and any vaccines he needs. If the pics are 2 weeks old he is around 7 weeks? A vet will be more sure of his age.
Sabis mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2014, 03:26 AM   #15 (permalink)

This is the size of a 7 week old shepherd (he's half husky but size should be similar)... by 8 weeks he was a good bit bigger. There's no way that pup is 2 months old

BePrepared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Twyla

Salar, people are concerned about his age and age he was removed from the litter because of very valuable lessons he is missing from the mom and litter.

Socialization of the right kind is going to be extremely important. Begin with this thread regarding that: rethinking "popular" early socialization

Your pup didn't have a chance to learn any bite inhibition from his litter. It will be safer for your home, and less painful for you to go through this thread: Puppy BITING!!! Teaching Bite Inhibition You will be finding out very soon if not already why they are called landsharks.

For good puppy information, go through the full puppy sub-forum, then branch out from there: The Puppy Place - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Word of caution - until he has had his vaccines; do not take him in areas other dogs have been. Parvo is very hard for a pup to recover from and is often fatal.

Your pup is a very cute GSP. Since, as you said, you have very little experience, spend a lot of time on this forum, read and ask questions. Tons of experience of all kinds here. You will get answers to questions you didn't even ask.
Twyla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Elite Member

What food do you have available to you in your country? Are you able to give him raw goats milk? That would be very good for him. Since those pics are from a couple weeks ago, he could be closer to 8 weeks now. Can you tell us what day he was born? To help us determine his age and the best course of action for you.
dawnandjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #18 (permalink)

His sable looks light to me, but I haven't been around sables younger than 8 weeks either. Cute pup though, I think he was trying to stack in that last picture.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

Thanks for ApselBear, dawnandjr, BePrepared, Wild Wolf, kelli mims, and especially Twyla and Sabis mom, for your instructions and assessment and advices. Yes, i took him to the vet, and he said that within two weeks he will start giving him vaccines. He said he seems energetic. and by the way, I will take new photos for him and will be more than happy to listen to your comments and advices, since i am a newbie to this.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #20 (permalink)

Guys, here is today's photos of my Rex ! Will appreciate your comments and advices. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.